12: Lucas

I did as I was told and packed up my belongings before meeting Nathan and the others outside. I was the last one to show up, which might've made Nathan disappointed in me.

Nathan was like a leader to the Society, and I wanted him to know that I could be a good leader, too. I don't know when he'll understand that- of if he'll ever understand that at all.

"Okay, I'm really tired, and I know you guys are, too, so I'm only going to ask this once; do you people have everything you need for Australia?" Nathan asked.

Everybody nodded their heads.

"Good. Now let's hop on this thing and fly to Cinderbrooke." Nathan said.

"Just out of curiosity, how did you get the money to buy that thing in less than a day?" Tiffany asked.

"Who ever told you that I bought this thing?" Nathan cringed.

Tiffany's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. "You stole that private jet?!" she asked in disbelief.

"Well, I wouldn't call it stealing. I would just say that I was permanently borrowing a method of transportation without the unnecessary permission of its owner." Nathan shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure that's the exact same thing as stealing." Phoebe said.

"Whatever. We can't teleport to Cinderbrooke, so we might as well take this private jet and fly away." Nathan said.

"Do you think the owner of this plane is going to come after us?" Tristan asked.

"Oh, for sure. But it'll be no big deal, since we'll be in Australia." Nathan said.

"I don't know about that..." Tristan mumbled.

"Can we please just go already?! It's getting really hot out here, and the private jet is air-conditioned, so let's go!" Nathan demanded.

Everybody boarded the private jet nervously. Phoebe had to get extra help when she boarded the private jet because of her cane. "I wonder if there will be any Scaping Goggles at the Society once we get there," I heard her mumble as she boarded the private jet.

"Scaping Goggles?" I repeated.

"It's a special pair of goggles that can allow her to see, just like of she was in the Dreamscape or the Mindscape," Tristan explained to me.

"Oh. Good to know!" I cheerfully replied.

"Okay, I don't know how to fly a plane, and I'm pretty sure that nobody else here knows how to fly a plane either, so I'm going to switch to auto pilot while we're flying. So if we end up crashing into the ocean, just blame me. Okay?" Nathan told us before we took off.

"Sounds easy enough," Devon said cheerfully.

"Remind me why we can't just teleport to Cinderbrooke again," I requested irritably.

"The government of Cinderbrooke will know if we're using quote-unquote 'magic' in the city, and what they do to people like us makes your father seem like Santa Claus. Need I say any more?" Nathan explained.

I cringed and shook my head.

"I thought so," Nathan said before we took off.