26: Lucas

Training was over, but Michaela was gone.

I woke up the next morning and glanced over at her bed. It was completely empty, and her suitcase was still under it- even though there were only a few things left in it.

At breakfast, everybody seemed cheerful, but they were just happy that training was officially over. Nathan, however, barely touched his food. He was in a really bad mood today. It was probably because Michaela was missing, and to be honest, I couldn't blame him.

"I feel like such an idiot," Nathan mumbled while he lightly poked his scrambled eggs with his fork.

"You really shouldn't, Nathan. Training is already over, and we'll be heading back to the American Dreamscaper Society in two days. I know Michaela's gone, but she's probably back at the Society as we speak, so you should cheer up a little bit." I said to Nathan.

"I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see me," Nathan grunted.

"Nathan, she's your girlfriend. She probably can't wait until you return to the Society." I reminded Nathan.

"I'd be lucky if she even considers me as her boyfriend when we go home." Nathan scoffed.

"Why? Did you two break up or something?"

"I'm not sure. She sounded really angry when she left the Society, but I'm hoping that she'll still want to be with me in the end."

"Deep down, Michaela will always want to be with you, Nathan. She's never treated anyone the same way she's treated you. I know this for a fact- Michaela could never be with someone besides you."

"So do you really think that she'll still love me when I run into her again?"

"Of course."

"And are you sure that she's at the Society right now?"

"I know that she's in Gravity Falls. I just don't know if she's at the Society or not."

"One more question- is she alive?"

"What?!"

"Is Michaela Powers alive, or is there a new corpse in Oregon that looks exactly like her?"

"Nathan...she's alive, okay? You don't have to worry about that."

At least I hoped she was alive.

x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x

When I went back to my bedroom to collect my thoughts, I found a crumbled piece of notebook paper under my bed that I felt the urge to look at. However, I was puzzled by its content.

I've done everything I could to convince you that I was a coward. But now that Michaela's gone, nothing can save you now. We'll see who's the real coward tomorrow night.

~Key

I threw the note across the room and tried not to freak out. Now I knew that Wesley was hiding somewhere in the Society, and he was out to get me. I usually wouldn't be afraid of him, but Michaela could be dead because of him. I didn't think that Michaela was dead, but since she wasn't in the Society right now, the chances of her being dead were pretty high.

My right wrist was stinging like mad. When I looked down at it, there was a small, poison ivy shaped scar forming on it, and it gave me the feeling that Michaela wasn't alive anymore.

I tried taking deep breaths, but on the inside, I was freaking out.

"Michaela," I said, "where are you?"

iGamerKitty
Mia-Zoe
MysteryGirl86
Mysterygirl367774939
reign4232
2kittysdude
Femdip_Pinetree
CeriseCurse052
EZ-Dayz
HamsterAndZabba
Duhgaminghamster
ZabbaWriter
Zabba_Loves_MLP
musicgirl227
briandbooks
angereddipper
dippersuniverse
OliviaMaePalmer
IndustrialSprinkles
primrose-eaton