11: Michaela

It's almost impossible to believe that Phoenix hasn't figured out what he is by now. I'm not suprised that Poison Ivy doesn't know- she's only known about her minor powers for a month now. And Water Lily was a clever girl- she figured out what she was capable of years ago.

But if I can't get Phoenix to figure out what he is capable of soon, things are going to turn out UGLY. For him, that is. I'll be fine. He's almost as easy to take down as Water Lily was. Actually, scratch that. Water Lily was REALLY tough. Fortunately, her undying love for her family was her only weakness.

Either way, Phoenix will be a piece of cake. And I really like cake. Maybe that's why I replaced Michaela's birthday cake with a mud-pie. And I don't think she liked it. Oh well. I regret nothing.

x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x

THUD!

That was the first thing I heard when I woke up. It was 3AM, and every girl in the Society was asleep. Every girl except for me, that is. I checked my surroundings and made sure that none of Bill's armed servants were attacking the Society.

I had to turn on the light, though, because it was hard to see in Stephanie's dark bedroom. Then I peeked outside Stephanie's window and spotted a giant, humanoid creature with fire for hair and clothes that seemed to be made out of poison ivy leaves.

I could see the creature glaring at me with its jade green eyes, and, not wanting it to kill my friends, I ran outside and tried to slay it by myself. This quickly became the worst idea I'd ever had.

The creature turned around and noticed me scurrying through the grass in my pajamas and bare feet. My eyes widened to the size of pepperonis. "What is that?!" I panicked.

The creature suddenly roared at me, as if it wanted me dead (and he probably did want me dead). I screamed and threw a lime green fireball at the creature, but he quickly dodged it and stared at me in confusion.

"Great job, Michaela," I thought. "You were too arrogant to care about your own safety, and now you're going to lose your life to this...what exactly WAS that thing you just threw a fireball at?"

I ran as fast as I could back to the doors of the Society, but sadly, the doors were locked. "NATHAN! STELLA! LUCAS!" I screamed. "COME QUICK! THERE'S THIS HUMANOID BEAST THING OUTSIDE THE SOCIETY! AND IT'S NOT ALONE, EITHER! IT TRIED TO KILL ME!"

The doors remained locked.

"It's going to take a miracle to save me now," I thought. "I don't think I could escape even if I tried."

And I was right. Before I could even see it coming, the creature grabbed me and carried me in the palms of its hands. I tried to escape by biting it, but the creature didn't flinch.

Suddenly, the creature gently set me down on the roof of the Society, which really confused me. Maybe it was going to knock the Society over, taking me down with it. I figured that seemed pretty likely.

Instead, it turned around and started fighting the fire-breathing dragon that was also trying to kill me. The dragon ended up getting its tail kicked, literally and metaphorically. When the fight ended, all that was left of the dragon was a large pile of ashes.

Then it hit me. The creature that killed the dragon was trying to protect me.

I looked at the creature and smiled. The creature smiled back, and then Stella showed up. She looked outraged, and she wouldn't stop urging me to run inside as soon as possible, so I did just that.