22: Lucas

A/N: Hey everybody! So this is the first update I've done on any of my stories since I've returned from my week-long trip (not including my randomness book) so I hope you enjoy it! Just a tip, though, the music I've added doesn't start until later, for those of you who normally listen to it. Also, the artwork shown above was created by one of my Wattpad friends, 2kittysdude, and I think that it is AMAZING, so here's a big shoutout to her!

❤️❤️Luna❤️❤️

"OKAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LISTEN UP!!" Samantha announced.

The entire café went completely silent.

"Today will be an extended training day, which means that we will be training you until midnight. This is to make up for tomorrow, when we will be using a new machine that will not only strengthen your mind, but protect it from Bill as well. I'll explain more tomorrow, but for now, you have five minutes to finish eating before you must report to your training rooms." Samantha explained.

"I wonder how that machine will work," Devon muttered before he took a sip of his orange juice.

"I guess we'll find out tomorrow," Michaela said to Devon.

"I hate waiting for things," Devon growled, "and I hate surprises, too."

"You're not alone, Devon. After all, surprises aren't always as pleasant as people say they are," Tiffany interjected.

"I'm glad you agree, Tiffany."

For the next five minutes, there weren't any more conversations, as everybody was too focused on their food to pay attention. I couldn't blame them this time- after all, Samantha never said anything about a lunch break.

But once those five minutes passed, everybody rushed to their training rooms, including Michaela and I. While Jared was following Stephanie to their training room, Jared tugged Tiffany's fishtail braid and hissed, "Don't come crying to me if that sister of yours shows up in your hallucinations today."

Tiffany rolled her eyes and scoffed, "What makes you think that I would come to you?"

"Don't be stupid, Tiffany- or at least don't be as stupid as you normally are. I know about Mel. I was there when you were born, and I can't believe I actually wanted to hold you back then. I had no idea that I was holding what would soon turn into a snobby brat." Jared sneered, still tugging Tiffany's hair.

"That's not what I meant."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I don't speak your freaky Tiffany Hassibor language."

"For the trillionth time, I am not a freak!"

"You're not as freaky as your father, that's for sure."

Even though Jared was still tugging Tiffany's hair, Tiffany was able to easily spin around and punch Jared's jaw without a warning. "What did you say about my father?" Tiffany snapped.

Devon, Michaela, and I slowly stepped backwards until we were in our training rooms. "Well," I sighed once Michaela and I were in our training room, "that got pretty intense back there."

"No kidding," Michaela chuckled before her smile faded. She was looking at the serum that would soon be injected into her neck, and she looked somewhat queasy.

"I'm not going first!" Michaela blurted out.

"Hey, I don't want to go first, either!" I whined.