13: Michaela

The lights suddenly flickered on, and the first thing I spotted in the room was a tall, muscular woman with curly, burgundy hair with bangs, sapphire blue eyes, and a heavy amount of cat eyeliner.

The woman was wearing a white jean jacket over a grey v-neck shirt with an orange symbol of a whistle on it, but she was also wearing dark denim capri pants and burgundy Toms. The woman also had on a fair amount of lipstick, but it was a very natural lip color, so you couldn't really tell if she was wearing lipstick on or not.

"Now where have I seen this woman before?" I quietly asked myself.

"Okay, which moron in this trap came up with the oh-so brilliant idea to teleport to the Society and wind up in this stupid bag?!" Stella asked irritably.

"Um, last time I checked, it was yours, Captain Rogue." Lucas snickered.

"Way to go, Stella," the woman giggled, "but I could've sworn that Jared would've been the one to stoop that low, not a dream demon who knew everything. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in you."

Stella didn't reply. She just gave the woman a dirty look and stared at her feet.

"Good to see you too, Samantha," Jared groaned. "Now could you please get us out of this trap?"

"That's right! You're Samantha Trigger, Stephanie's mom!" I recalled.

"That's right, Michaela. Here, let me help you two out there." Samantha offered, cutting open the rope and causing us all to crash onto the hard, chilly floor.

"I had no clue you two had joined the Dreamscaper Society," Samantha said to Stephanie and I.

"It's a really long story how we found out about it. And very emotional, too. Could we bring it up some other time?" Stephanie requested.

"Of course, sweetie. Now Jared, you listen to me and you listen good! How did my daughter learn about the Society? Answer me or be slapped in the face!" Samantha scolded her ex-husband after acting super sweet and delightful.

"I...I...she was captured by a zombie." Jared mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Samantha snorted.

"Yeah, there was this whole zombie attack back in Gravity Falls that nearly killed me and Lucas, and it took Michaela and Stephanie away to the-"

"NOPE! I can tell when somebody is lying, Jared, and you're clearly being dishonest with me." Samantha scoffed.

"It's the truth!" Jared said frantically.

"Sure it is. But let's just say that I believe you as much as you love me." Samantha retorted.

"Oh, SNAP!" Tristan chortled.

Samantha gave Jared the creepiest and most insincere smile before spinning back around to face me. "Okay, so how did you really learn about the Society?" Samantha asked with a serious tone.

"Zombies," Stephanie and I said at the same time.

"I told you so!" Jared shouted.

"Well, I stand corrected! Anyways, welcome to the Australian Dreamscaper Society, everybody! I'm not the official leader of this Society, but I am second in command. Just call me Samantha, or Captain Anesworth, if you want to flatter me." Samantha explained.

"I'm surprised she didn't say Captain Trigger instead," Stella whispered to Jared.

"I'm not," Jared whispered back.