34: Michaela

I didn't get much sleep last night. I just looked at the ceiling and kept pinching myself, hoping that it would wake me up from this nightmare. But I wasn't even asleep.

After realizing that what I'd witnessed that evening wasn't a dream, I didn't know what to do. The next morning, everybody who hadn't heard from me kept asking if I was okay, and if I knew where my dad was.

"Michaela!" Devon called out.

"Yeah?" I croaked.

"You scared us to death! Where were you last night? And where's Lucas? He should be with you!" Devon questioned me. I had never seen Devon this angry or concerned before.

"The good news is that he remembered who I really was," I mumbled.

"What's the bad news?" Devon asked in a more relaxed, Devon-like tone.

My lower lip quivered. "That was the last time I ever got to talk to him," I replied.

Devon blinked. "You mean...he died?" He asked me with a serious yet quiet tone.

I nodded, for I knew that if I spoke, I would burst into tears again.

"Oh gosh...and he was your...ugh, that's terrible!" Devon stammered.

Without even thinking about it, I put my arms around Devon and hugged him. He put his arms around me, too. "If you're gonna mourn...then dang it, I'll mourn with you, Michaela." Devon said.

"Thanks Devon," I whimpered.

"Michaela? Devon? What's going on?" Phoebe asked.

"So...Phoebe doesn't know about what happened?" Devon asked me.

"Nope." I replied.

"Wait...have you two seen Lucas today? He's been missing for almost an entire day now." Phoebe wondered.

I let go of Devon, walked over to Phoebe, and said, "Well, Phoebe...you're not going to like what you hear...but since you asked..."

Within an hour, the entire Society found out about what happened to my dad. Samantha told me that he would be buried tonight, and just like the others, Samantha seemed deeply depressed. Rumor has it that Samantha used to be childhood friends with my dad, just like he was with Jared.

It was snowing outside, which was odd, considering the fact that it was the end of August. Summer would be over soon, and I would have to face Bill soon, whether I wanted to or not.

"Well, this is unusual," Nathan commented, "you don't see snow in Cinderbrooke during the summer that often."

"It probably has something to do with my dad," I said. "I heard that he made it snow when he was born. And it was in the middle of the hospital, too."

"Where did you hear that?" Nathan asked.

"That's just what Tiffany told me. I don't know how she knew about that, though." I muttered.

"I didn't think Tiffany was as close to Lucas as you were," Nathan said.

"Well, she did kiss him that one time, but other than that, they were pretty good friends." I said.

"Speaking of Lucas, right before he passed away, he told me to give you this." Nathan handed me a small wooden box that I quickly opened up. There was a note inside of it, and I read it out loud.

"Michaela, by the time you're reading this, we'll both be dead...but we want you to keep this close to you when you face Bill. It will help you transform into Maylene Amari Potens, your Trinity form. Good luck, and remember- we love you more than you can imagine. Love, Mommy and Daddy." I read out loud.

There were two pins attached to the note. One was shaped like a water lily, while the other was shaped like a phoenix. I pinned them to my denim jacket and asked, "What will I have to do to transform?"

"I'm not sure. Most of the time, water helps you transform, but in your final battle with Bill, we won't know where you'll be. Good thing your parents gave you those pins." Nathan said.

"Yeah...good thing."

x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x

That evening, it was still snowing outside. Everybody was wearing black clothes, and a lot of us were shivering. But not me. I was too distracted by the sight of my father's body lying in the silver coffin in front of me. He looked peaceful, but that didn't make me feel any better.

"You didn't deserve to die like this, Dad," I whispered, "but I'll make sure it never happens to anyone again. I'll bring down that demon, no matter what's standing in my way. I'll make sure to avenge you, Dad."

Then I kissed his forehead and added, "I won't let you down. I promise."

My father's grave was right next to my mother's grave. Until now, I'd forgotten that Mom was also buried in Cinderbrooke. Then again, I was only three months old when she died. I silently read what was written on their tombstones.

ANNABELLE CLAUDIA POWERS

BELOVED DAUGHTER, MOTHER, SISTER, AND WIFE

BORN FEBRUARY 5, 1976, IN ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND

DIED OCTOBER 18, 1998, IN GRAVITY FALLS, USA

"Mommy...you sacrificed yourself for me when I was a baby, just so I could live a long life. I won't let your death be meaningless." I said before I read my father's grave.

NIGEL LUCAS POWERS

BELOVED SON, FATHER, AND HUSBAND

BORN NOVEMBER 9, 1973, IN NACOGDOCHES, USA

DIED AUGUST 24, 2015, IN CINDERBROOKE, AUSTRALIA

"Daddy...I would've died last night if it wasn't for you. I can't thank you enough for saving me- that being said, I'm going to miss you so much. I promise, I'll avenge you if it's the last thing I do." I said.

Then I moved my hand and summoned two bundles of roses- one for my mom, and one for my dad. "I'll avenge both of you. I promise."

I didn't know when I would face Bill again, but when I did, I wouldn't just kill him. I would make him suffer. After all, it was his fault that I was an orphan now. He deserved this.

Mia-Zoe
lgsmith14
iGamerKitty
MysteryGirl86
Mysterygirl367774939
SketchTheProxy
Femdip_Pinetree
angereddipper
CeriseCurse052
dippersuniverse
reign4232
IndustrialSprinkles
Duhgaminghamster
HamsterAndZabba
ZabbaWriter
Zabba_Loves_MLP
musicgirl227
briandbooks