29: Michaela

Samantha gathered us all in the gym the next day so she could give us her sendoff speech. Tomorrow, I would be going back to the American Dreamscaper Society, so Samantha wanted to send us off in a quote-unquote proper way.

Samantha cleared her throat and spoke into her microphone. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I stayed up all night just to prepare this speech, so please listen up, because what I have to say is very important."

Everybody laughed for a moment, but Samantha cut them off. "We've made a lot of memories this summer- some were good, others...weren't so good. But one thing that we'll always remember is the American Dreamscaper Society and the weeks they spent training with us."

"Aww!" Stephanie cooed.

"Phoebe," Samantha said with a smile, "you stuck close to your brother and my daughter when they were going through tough times. You're a great sister and friend."

Phoebe's shoulders bounced while she giggled. "It's what I do," Phoebe snickered.

"Stella, you kept your brave face on even when you were scared out of your mind. You kept leading your Society even when you doubted that you were doing the right thing. I know you'll earn your angel wings one day, as people already look up to you."

Stella smiled and said, "Thanks, Samantha."

"Tiffany, no matter what was thrown at you, you still fought like a soldier and trained like a champion. Stay strong, do you hear me?"

Tiffany nodded and gave Samantha a look that said, "I won't let you down."

"Jared, you drive me crazy whenever I see you, and you're the biggest dork I've ever met, but I know you'll do great things. Also, take good care of Stephanie or I'll kick your butt."

Jared's face was beet red at first, but when he saw Stephanie howling with laughter, he began chuckling as well.

"Devon...oh, Devon, what can I say about you? You're an odd person compared to most people I know. You smile during the worst hours of your life, and you shine a bright light when it's dark just so others can see. Keep being whatever you are, because I don't know what I would do if you changed even one little bit."

Devon grinned and gave the others a look that said, "Aren't you proud of me?"

"Stephanie, I'm going to miss you so much. Just remember that I'll always love you with all my heart, okay? Keep being the amazing girl that you are. Also, if Daddy does anything stupid, let me know and I'll have a little talk with him."

Stephanie and Jared only laughed even more.

"Nathan, your wisdom and guidance will help a lot of people one day. Your friends have no idea how lucky they are to know someone like you. Don't let the rest of the world bring you down. Stand tall and strong, no matter what you're up against."

"Got it, Captain Anesworth," Nathan replied.

"Lucas, we both know that the world we live in is a brutal place. That being said, however, you don't care how hard life beats you down, and you don't let the opinions of others get to you, because you know who you really are. You fight for others and make their lives worth living. You're a hero to me, as well as many others, and I hope you remember that."

Lucas smiled and said, "Thanks, Samantha."

"Michaela, I know you've been through a lot, and you're about to face the biggest challenge you've ever had to deal with. But I know you'll overcome what lies ahead of you- you're a hardworking, persistent young lady, and when somebody pushes you down, you'll just get back up! Stand your ground, even when your world is falling apart. Understand?"