33: Michaela

I walked into Dad's hospital room nervously, not knowing what to expect. I was hoping he would be okay, but I've taken enough hard hits to know that getting my hopes up only makes me feel worse.

I wouldn't know how to describe Dad's neck- it didn't look bearable to deal with at all. I was glad he was awake, though. "Daddy!" I cried.

"Michaela," Dad croaked, "I don't have much time...but you need to listen to me...I know I should've said this to you a long time ago, but either way...you're a Trinityscaper, Michaela."

"A Trinityscaper?" I repeated.

"Yes...you have four forms, and I've seen three of them already...your Dark form, your Light form, and your Discorded form...but when you face Bill, your Trinity form will need to come in handy. When I transformed into Nolan...I was in my Trinity form...yours is Maylene Amari Potens, and I'll probably never get to see you in that form, but-"

"Daddy, that's ridiculous, you'll-"

"Michaela, please listen to me! I need you to be aware of this power! The whole reason why we're here is because you were trained to use and control that power! And you were phenomenal, sweetie. I couldn't be prouder of you."

I choked on my tears. "You did wonderful, too, Daddy...but why aren't you fighting for your life?"

"I've done what I could to protect you and help you grow. But the rest of this mission is in your hands now. As much as I want to be there to see you put a stop to Bill's chaos...I'm afraid that I can't follow you on the road that lies ahead."

I put my arms around Dad and hugged him for as long as I could. That could've been the last time I ever hugged my father, and I wanted to make it count. I wanted him to know how much I loved him.

"Michaela," Dad whispered, "just remember...to stand your ground...and don't let anybody tell you that...you're not worthy...of being a hero. You'll always be a hero...to me...and I love you...more than you'll ever understand."

"I love you too, Daddy," I sobbed.

Magnus, Chloe, and Samantha walked in together with Nathan and Stella standing behind them. "Ready, Lucas?" Samantha asked my father.

"Yeah...I'm ready..." Dad replied.

"Michaela, it's time to go," Magnus said to me.

"No!" I pleaded Magnus with tears in my eyes. "I'm not leaving him! That's my father!"

"Chloe, take her out of here. We have to fix him up, and we can't have her in here while we do it." Magnus instructed his wife.

Chloe took both of my hands and dragged me out of Dad's hospital room. "LET GO OF ME!" I roared.

Chloe moved her hands up to my arms and tried to restrain me, but I kept trying to break free. However, I didn't succeed.

"Please," I weeped when Chloe brought me out to the hallway, "heal my father. Make sure that he makes it out of that room alive. I just got him back, and I can't afford to lose him again!"

"We'll do our best, Michaela," Chloe assured me.

Chloe went back into my dad's hospital room and locked the door so I couldn't get in. I sat down, leaned up against the wall, and cried until I fell asleep on the cold floor.

x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x•x

"Have you been out here all night?" Tiffany whispered to me.

I sat up and gently wiped a tear away from my eye. "Yeah, I have," I responded.

"Nathan and Stella had to step out of the party for some reason, but they never came back. What do you think they're doing?" Tiffany stated.