16: Lucas

A/N: The music that I've added above will come in handy later, so if you like to listen to the music I add while you read, it would really help enhance the emotions in this chapter if you waited until I add another authors note. Just a friendly tip.

❤️❤️Luna❤️❤️

"Hey! Michaela!" Tristan said to Michaela, who seemed both frightened and eager to fight Tristan. "Are you okay? You seem nervous."

"Me? Nervous? Please, Tristan. I'm so excited that I get to be your partner- we're buddies! We're close friends! You know what I mean?" Michaela stammered.

Tristan nodded, but he seemed inconvinced. "Okay then...let's just see how this goes." Tristan muttered.

Meanwhile, Stephanie and Phoebe were taking a short break near Michaela and Tristan's training spot. Stephanie was helping Phoebe clean off her Scaping Goggles, and when she was done, she gave them back to Phoebe, who did not hesitate to slip her Scaping Goggles back on.

Then Phoebe almost jumped out of her seat. "Stephanie!" Phoebe pointed out. "Look! Tristan and Michaela have partnered up! And they're going to fight each other now!"

Stephanie's head jerked up. "Really?" Stephanie asked in astonishment.

"Really! I'm kinda hoping that Tristan wins, though. After all, he is my big brother. What about you?" Phoebe said.

Stephanie blinked. "What do you mean?" Stephanie asked Phoebe.

"Do you want Tristan to win? Or do you want Michaela to win?" Phoebe persisted.

Stephanie giggled and, with a pink face, replied, "Tristan."

"Ooh, do you have a crush on my big brother, Steph?" Phoebe teased.

"I never said that!" Stephanie answered.

"Stephanie, you might wanna watch out for Axel! If he sees you with Tristan, he's gonna get peanut-butter-and-jelly!" Phoebe cooed.

"Hey, Axel is always going to be Axel. If he has a problem with my taste in boys, he can find somebody else to love." Stephanie said to Phoebe with confidence.

"You go girl! But wait...does this mean that you like Tristan?" Phoebe inquired.

"If it does...then so be it." Stephanie responded.

Phoebe and Stephanie started squealing at the top of their lungs, but Tristan had no idea what they were squealing about. Michaela also seemed very puzzled in that moment, but she knew that she had to fight Tristan, so she shrugged and told Tristan to get ready for the fight.

Just as Phoebe and Stephanie had hoped, the fight between Tristan and Michaela ended in Tristan's favor- mainly because Stephanie and Phoebe wouldn't quit cheering him on. Axel and Devon were also taking a break, and when Axel noticed Stephanie's behavior, he rolled his eyes and groaned.

"What's wrong?" Devon asked Axel.

"I think Stephanie might have a crush on Tristan Wells," Axel grunted, "and that's the last thing I want right now."

"Ooh, someone's jealous!" Devon cooed.

"Dude, I've had a crush on Stephanie for awhile now. It's nothing new. But I can't force her to love someone that she doesn't have any feelings for." Axel sighed.

"Sure you can. That's what my dad did to my mom. Yes, my dad didn't turn out to be the most caring man to ever walk on the face of the earth, but do you get my point?" Devon explained.