Chapter 15- Anne Marie (Edited)

A/N: Is it bad that I don't know where this story is heading? What I mean is I don't know how many chapters I'm going to write. I know what's going to happen (Sorta). Hmmm, I'm guessing I'm going to have to think about this story.

Anyways, here it is.

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins

~Rissa

____________________________________________________________________________________

The sun was high in the sky by the time we made it to Panama City. The windows were down to let in the fresh air of Florida surround us city folk.

I had driven from New York, New York to Panama with no breaks, and I was exhausted. However, I knew that I wouldn't be able to rest until I had talked with Lucifer. I wasn't going to let the other Fallen be near him, knowing that he could suck their life sources.

"Are we there yet?" a groggy voice groaned in the back.

I looked in the rearview mirror to see a sleepy looking Damion pouting and rubbing his eyes. I couldn't help but smirk at how much a little boy he looked doing that. "We're in Panama," I replied. "We're about thirty minutes away from the hotel. I'll drop you four off and then meet up with Lucifer myself."

"Like heck you are," Gabriel said, and I could feel his glare on the side of my face. "You could get yourself killed."

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "No, I will not," I replied. "I will be able to defend myself from him." I shrugged. "Besides, he is still friends with my "father"." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. My father was not someone that I wanted to see.

"But, don't you need sleep?" Lilly asked, concerned for my well being.

"I will after I talk to him," I replied. "Then we will have to go wherever he tells us to go."

"And, what if he lies to you?"

I smirked. "Oh, he knows better than to lie to me," I replied. "Why do you think that there aren't that many Demons in New York City?"

"Because..."

"I threatened him." I shrugged my shoulder. "The only good thing that that bastard had done was make Lucifer promise to keep an eye out on me. Other than that, he can go back to the place he lives."

Gabriel sighed. "We can't stop you, can we?" There was a sound of defeat in his voice, causing me to smirk.

"You should've seen her when we tried to stop her from attacking someone when they came to New York," Matthew said. "Boy, was she-" He stopped when he caught my narrowed eyes. "Uh, never mind."

"But why won't you let me come with you?" Gabriel asked, sounding defeated.

"You are an Arch. You need to stay in the room, or else the Bounty Hunters will be able to know where we are at." Disgust filled my voice because I was tired of Bounty Hunters trying to come to my bar and try to take away Angels that had sought refuge there.

"That's right, I shouldn't have to list-" He paused catching my look and closed his mouth. "Fine," he grunted. "I don't like it."

I smirked but didn't reply. I knew that he didn't like it, but he would still let me do what I do best.

***

"So, I see the Freshling didn't do his job of keeping you away," a male said, his back turned towards me. He swung the club and hit the ball towards the flag about 2 miles away. His black hair was in a ponytail, and I knew that his black eyes were focused on the ball. "Damn it," he cussed before he turned towards me. "It's good to see you, Marie."

I bit back a scuff and rolled my eyes. "You too, Lucifer," I replied. I turned towards the male beside him. "You too." My voice was hard, and it caused the male to frown.

"Oh, come on, An-"

I held up my hand, signaling for him to be quiet. "You can't call me Annie, Father," I replied, causing Lucifer to snicker. "Yes, I still have a grudge from the fact that you killed me on the eve of my wedding day just because this fool had come into your dreams and said that you would have eternal life if you killed me."

The male, that I called my father, frowned and looked at me. Fire burned in his gray eyes, and I knew that he would try to kill me again. His black hair was done in that military-style, showing off the scar that had killed him two years after my death. "Easy there," he warned. "You don't want to die."

I bit back a scoff and looked at Lucifer. "Why would you tell Freshling not for me to meet you?" I asked, ignoring him.

Lucifer frowned and looked at me. "You're going to be trying to find out where it is and how to get it, aren't you?"

I smirked. "But of course, I am prone to getting into trouble. Though, I do get myself out of it." I paused and frowned, thinking about the other four. "But if this goes south, I'm going to send the others back to New York."

"And you become a Shell?"

I turned to look at Dimitri, my father and shrugged. "If I have to," I replied. "I won't let them die because of me."

Lucifer studied me and sighed in defeat. "Los Angeles," he said in defeat. "That's where the sword is."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are they at the City of Angels?" I asked.

"It's a powerhouse that's why," Dimitri replied. "Angels are drawn to it. Even Fallen."

I bit back a huff and moved a hand through my hair. "And why can't it be in Mexico City, I don't know," I muttered, sarcastically. I shook my head. "Oh, the Hunter's are going to love the fact that I'm playing right into their hands."

"You have a bounty?" Lucifer asked.

I hummed and nodded. "All five of us," I replied. "An Enforcer came last night and told us to get back to New York. Since we didn't..."

"You all are fair game."

"And yet, I know people, so I think we'll be fine until we get to Los Angeles."

"The people might move the Sword if they know that you are trying to get it," Lucifer said, frowning when I said that I knew people. "So, try Playa Del Rey if you find something out of the ordinary."

"I'm bettin' you are not going to tell me what might be out of the ordinary," I said.

"Like you will not be telling me by what you mean by saying that you know people," Lucifer replied, giving me a knowing look.

I frowned. "Touché." I paused and looked towards where I had parked my SUV. "Can you keep Ranaldo off of the streets?" I asked, turning back to look at him. "I have... her with me, and if I see him, then I will probably kill him myself."

Lucifer nodded and frowned. "Of course." He cleared his throat. "Now, if you excuse me, we have a game to play." With that, they turned back to their game, not caring that I left as silent as the wind.