Chapter 3- Anne Marie (Edited)

I gasped and slapped his arm, maybe a little too hard, since he winced. I was just playing with him, well kind of. I guess he still did have feeling for me, but I didn't know why he still had them, since he could be kicked out.

"Ow, what was that for?" he asked.

"I heard that, Gabriel, and now you owe me." I smirked a little as I started to back up to the edge of the building.

Surprisingly, it had stopped raining, and it was just muggy and foggy. Well, that usually seemed to be the case in New York City.

"What do you mean?" Gabriel asked looking at me, weirdly.

"You are to come with me to Angel's Pub (no pun intended)," I said as I took another step back. Another step, and I knew that I would be over the edge. "Even if Demons are there."

Gabriel's face darkened. He gritted his teeth a little, as he clenched his fist. "They-"

"They are still customers and seem comfortable around me, since my father and Lucifer are golf partners," I said, my face darkening a little, not liking that my father was friends with him. "'Sides, your time is up so-" I lifted my arms to the side. "I'll see you at the Pub." With that I leaned backwards and fell off the building to the shocked voice of Gabriel.

***

Adrenaline rushed through my body as I pulled myself into a dive. This was my escape from the world. I knew no fear and knew that nothing could stop me, except for the All Mighty. Even then, he wouldn't try to mess with the Fallen, if they weren't doing anything against him.

A few feet from the ground, I created a small bit of wind as I opened my wings, letting it carry me above the skyscrapers and into the starry night.

"Anne Marie!" Gabriel exclaimed as he quickly came to my side, while I let the wind die down so that I could use my wings. "Why on God's Green Earth did you do that?" A scowl was prominent in his voice while I smirked.

"Just to keep you on your toes," I teased as I flew towards my restaurant. Now, I knew that I was immortal and most people would know that I was the one who ran it, but that was not the case. I had died more times than I could count. The Pub had been popular and was the only "small" building on a street in New York City.

It had taken a while, but I could safely say that I was used to the bustle of the city. The lights flickered below me and noise filled the air, even if though it was 11pm. New York City was the place that never slept.

That was why demons were attracted to this area. They fed on the weak and sometimes weak people were here, trying to get lost in the bustle of city life. However, after my dad had became "buddies" with Lucifer, they started to leave people alone, or else they would face the wrath of me and my group of Fallen Angels.

"This is an awe striking place," Gabriel said. Awe filled his voice, while he looked around and tried watching everything as we passed the bustle of the city.

I grunted, but I didn't say anything as I landed in an alley way. I flicked my wings close to my back and let them disappear from view. I could still feel them, but I knew that they wouldn't be seen, except for a child was able to see them.

"So..." Gabriel said trying to think of what to say. "Is it still true that children can see us, even if we hide ourselves from view?" He sounded curious. He should know the answer to that question, but I wasn't going to nag him about it.

I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything as I walked into the open and on the sidewalks, letting myself be seen to the people around me. "Yes, it is, Gabe," I said using the nickname I had given him a long time ago. "And people are staring because of your white garb." I stuffed my hands in my pockets and hunched my shoulders, not liking the attention.

"What not liking the attention?" Gabriel teased. "Why not?"

"For one, I'm not an attention seeker. Attention seeks me out," I replied, rolling my eyes as I stopped in front of a building, smaller than the others around it. "And instincts take over. On that note, welcome to Angel's Pub." With that, I opened the door, shoved him inside, before closing the door behind us.