Chapter 29- Gabriel

I watched in horror as she made her way to the front of her group. My heart pounded in my chest, and all I wanted to do was go after her and pull her into my arms, but I knew that she would have found a way to kill me if I did.

I shook my head before flying towards Zoë knowing that I was going to need her help. I knew that most would listen to her because of the rank she has amongst the Hunters. "Zoë!" I exclaimed, shoving back the Demon using my magic away from her. "She says to retreat! They're using Eternal Fire!"

Zoë glanced at me before throwing one of her knives at a Demon. Her face was grim, but I could tell that she knew that there would be more Angels lost if they didn't leave. "Fall back," she called in a booming voice, starting to move towards the Angels on our side. "They are using Eternal Fire!"

There was this deep shiver that went down everyone's spine. The Angels and Demons that were with Anne Marie started to fall back, some falling as they were hit with Eternal Fire.

The three remaining Elemental Angels fought nearer to the great storm, and I knew that Anne Marie had gone in. Each Angel used their respective power to make sure that they had the storm under control, but I could tell that it was straining them.

There was this rumbling sound as well as this shaking of the whole Earth that caused the Demons and Angels to stop fighting and look to the center.

Everything started to move towards the center, causing Angels on both sides to yell out in surprise before trying to move back, including me.

I tried to stay as steady as I could, my fear spiking as I watched the other Angels getting pulled into the center. Fear seemed to lodge itself into my throat as I watched horrified as the Elemental Angels disappeared into the swirling mass that started to look like a tornado.

Screams on each side erupted as the tornado looking thing started to change colors and a shield was placed around it.

The pressure surrounding it started to drop, causing everyone's ears to pop. And, after that, there was this loud boom, and a wave of something pushed everyone to the shore and caused them to fall.

Black spots were apparent in my eyes as I was thrown to the side of a building and hitting my head on the side of it before hitting the concrete below.

As soon as I was able to stand on steady legs and the world stopped spinning, I limped towards the ocean. There was this ringing sound in my ears, and I had no idea how to stop it.

Bodies of Demons and Angels alike were strewn across the area, and I could tell that they all were on Anne Marie's side. Those that we fought had all disintegrated and nothing was left of them.

Still, I walked forward, ignoring the bodies of the injured as I tried to find my love and praying that she was still all right.

Something grabbed me, causing me to listlessly turn that direction. Blue eyes stared me with concern as the mouth moved to form words.

Steady arms grabbed me as the world started to sway again, and the only thought I had was for Anne Marie to be safe and alive before I passed out.

***

Warm hands wiped some of the blood off of me as I started to come to. "Easy," a soothing female voice said when I jerked up. The female pushed me down, her strength was far stronger than mine. "That was a nasty hit, ArchAngel. We don't Anne Marie to kill anyone."

I furrowed my brows in confusion, trying to remember what had happened. I remembered the blast that pushed us back, but I had no idea if that had anything to do with her. "An-" I croaked out, my mouth feeling as if it was made of cotton. I shut my mouth, knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to say a word.

"Is not dead," I heard a male say, sounding like Damion. "Yet." There was a bit of grief that I had never heard from him before. It seemed like he did care about Anne Marie, even though he liked to piss her off.

I furrowed my brows and opened my eyes to see a Demon female staring at me. My whole body was on edge, but I knew that she wouldn't hurt me.

The Demon female smiled, showing her pointed teeth. "Relax, Archie," she cooed, causing me to flinch. "We have orders not to kill you." Her face got this evil look, causing Damion to start advancing forward. "Your blood does taste rather good." She started to lean forward but backed up someone said, "Alessandra."

Mercer entered the area, scowling at the Demon female and was followed by both Matthew and Lilly. He did not look like an Evolutionary Demon, but I could finally make out the difference between him and normal Demons. "You know better," he scowled, causing her to look down and flinch. "She warned you."

"Just one little bite," she muttered. "It was all I going to do. Besides, who says she is alive or not. I mean, how would we know?"

"For one, I get a call," Damion said. He scowled at her. "She is very particular about what is going to happen, and I am sure that you are already aware of that."

"Another thing is that the orbs haven't changed," Mercer added. "Have they?" He stared her down, causing her to wince.

"No," she mumbled. "Bu-" She stopped when Mercer held up his hand. She muttered something in a different language, causing Mercer to growl a warning.

"Go check the borders," he said, calmly. "If I see you here, I will kill you. Do you understand?"

Alessandra winced and nodded her head. "Yes, Mercer," she said, softly. She stood and walked almost ran away. Fear filled her face, and for some reason, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.