Chapter 4 The New Assignment

REWRITTEN

_________________________________________

I stood at attention, waiting for the contract to be signed for the new pack. Several pokes into my stomach made me twinge with ticklish feelings traveled  it's way through my body. Another poke made a tiny frown appear on my face, trying to hold the laughter in.

Poke.

I was going to kill Cole when this ended, I told the Night Mother who was probably watching this whole scene being played out with a smile.

Catching the hand that was about to poke me, again, I squeezed a little and let go when I felt a small crack of bones. Smiling I paid attention to all the windows and doors, watching for any signs of a rogue. We had been assigned to watch over The Council as they decreed that there was new pack, Red Willow pack, the rogues I had been watching earlier.

The contract that decreed them as a pack was handed to the new Alpha Jake, who was as whiny as a 3 year old on the inside. Laughing in my mind at the time when he tried to splash cold water on my face, but somehow ended up with it on his own, I relaxed from my position.

"Cole," I addressed Cole who was trying to slink away from me before being killed by me, "Where do you think you're going?" I turned to face Cole who was grinning sheepishly at me.

"Oh just to the," he paused thinking of where he was going, "the bathroom!" The sight of the emotion swimming across his face let me know that he had gone with his gut instinct. An instinct, I wouldn't trust with my life, my wolf told me. It had been 3 years since I had been rejected by Ryan and the pain was slowly disintegrating, ans so far she was taking it well.

I waved my palm for him to come closer to me. He slowly dragged his feet next to me as if a kid who knew he was about to be punished. Good, I thought to myself just as I whacked him across the head.

"Don't tickle me while we're at attention, lunatic." He nodded at me, but I knew he wasn't taking any of this to heart and that it would happen again. I walked away with my hands twitching to strangle him to death.

No, Dylan, that's not nice, Alpha Kyle told me chuckling.

So? Who told you I was nice, I asked smiling.

Dylan, do not kill Cole, Kyle told me in a condescending tone.

Not even a little?

I could feel him groan, thinking that he was dealing with a bunch of pups, No, not even a little, Dylan.

* * *

I layed across the couch with my legs splayed on Nathan and Cole, watching The Lion King. My legs bounced, in beat with rhythm of 'I Just Can't Wait to be King', on Nathan's lap mostly. He grabbed them and pushed them down, glaring at me from what I could see with my peripheral vision. Letting me feet go he turned his attention back to the movie, a smile graced my lips as my legs recontinued bouncing on Nathan.

"Dylan, don't do that," Nathan told me turning back to face me again. My head slowly turned towards him, popping in a popcorn and bended one of my knees and let it bounce one more time. Glaring he got onto his knees while still being on the couch picked me up, scooted over and then placed my head down on his lap. A wider grin played on my lips as I made my head bounce to the beat. Groaning, Nathan held my head down on his thigh and turning it to face the TV.

"No, bad Dylan," he scolded me. He kept his hands on my head but eventually relaxed them and played with my hair soothingly. Cole scrunched into his corner with a smirk at us, but didn't say anything with my feet dangerously close to a private part of his. I lifted one of my feet anyways, but he pushed it down quickly, not thinking it all the way through and hurt himself. Popping in another popcorn flake, I watched the rest of my movie with an innocent wide-eyed expression.

Just after the movie ended, Kyle walked in and turned off the TV. "We have an assignment, given my the royal werewolves. Pack for a time period of at least 3 months, we're going to Florida," his eyes met mine at the last part, a glance of sympathy flashing through his eyes.

"What pack," I asked him, but already had a good idea of which one from his action. A feeling of disgust entered my stomach, not going to be relieved until I heard is answer which was taking a while to come.

Gulping he looked out the window before turning his eyes back to me, "The Argura Pack. They've seen a large amount of rogues settle down nearby and they need help."

Groaning I rolled into Nathan's stomach and muffled out a, "Do I have to go? Please say no, Kyle. Please!"

He told me grimly, "No, we need you. I'm sorry," He left the room to pack and tell the pack about the assignment.

"I don't want to go, Nathan," I told him, trying to nestle into his stomach. He picked my waist up and sat me down upon his lap giving me a hug.

"I'll go this time, will that make you feel better?" Pouting, I nodded, knowing that I had no choice on whether or not I go, but with Nathan being there, I would feel a lot better.

"Go pack, we'll probably be leaving tomorrow. You know how Kyle is, he likes to get there as soon as possible." Obeying I stood up and off his lap, heading towards the stairs and then to my room.

* * *

"I can't believe you have to go back there," Darlyn told me while Kate nodded in agreement. Kate and Darlyn gave me a big hug and I hugged back tempted not to let go and just stay here.

"You just make sure you come back to us, okay, hun?" I nodded telling them that I would be back as soon as possible.

"We'll miss you," a teary eyed Kate told me as Kyle gave her hug and then a kiss. Cole walked out and stared at them before letting out an 'Ew, leave that for the bedroom please', laughing I watched as Darlyn walked over to him and then he did the exact same as Kyle did.

"Ew, leave that for the bedroom, Cole," Nathan mimicked behind me making me giggle at the two of them. Nathan rolled his eyes and pulled me to his car and into the passenger seat.

"You're riding with me," he said giving me no choice. Shrugging I slipped on his seat belt, and waited for us to leave for Florida. The urge to jump out of the car was at the highest point of temptation possible.

The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave, my wolf told me. I nodded my head in agreement as we peeled out of the driveway and onto 462 Country Rd.