Chapter 2 A New Pack, A New Family

REWRITTEN

____________________________________________________________________________

Dylan's POV

Running for three hours, really takes a toll on your body. Surprising I know, but jumping over all those logs and avoiding trees could tire one out to the point of fainting from exhaustion. Another surprise, they're just coming left and right! 

Passing across the pack line, I had broken my mind link which caused a tingle to run through my entire blood. Adrenaline, my wolf told me. Usually because you have outrun other wolves who are sent to kill you. That's just dandy and great, I had thought at that moment, but all of the adrenaline had coursed through my body making me agile, fast and flexible. Laying down next to a mossy pond surrounded by a circle of trees, I drifted off into a shallow slumber. 

A snap awoke me from my slumber,  making my body jump onto all fours and observe my surrounding. Slowly a wolf came out of the trees to my right, ears pinned to the back of his head and teeth bared in a unpleasant expression. He was extremely big even for a wolf with his hair standing up in intimidation. The intimidation was obviously working as I inched backwards, my legs going into the slimy gross pond.

Two wolves joined him making a triangle, both about the same size and barely smaller than the first one. A large gulp ran down my throat as I realized exactly what I had walked myself into. A pack. Pinning my ears back and lowering my head, I hoped they would let me go off with just a snarl and a bite to my ankles. The Alpha, or the first one, narrowed his eyes in wariness before walking slowly to my bag that lay a couple feet ahead of me. His eyes stayed trained on me, his muscles tense in case he had to attack me.

Picking up one of his paws, I cringed back and lowered myself even farther my snout grazing the water. Continuing with his action, he pawed my bag to signal for me to change that way they could interrogate me in human form with questions. He slowly inched backwards back to the other two, watching with me intensity of protectiveness for his pack.

Creeping out of the water, I grabbed my bag with my teeth and barely into the forest line before dropping it on the ground. Shifting quickly, I pulled a pair of old sweats and an old t-shirt onto me. Quickly before hey cam looking for me, I stepped back into the open area, my eyes searching for any crouched bodies awaiting to attack me. 

In place where the three wolves had stood, now stood, with just the same amount of intimidation, were three men. They all wore khaki shorts, that seemed to pop out of no-where.

Looking at each other, I could tell they were talking through their mind-link. Probably deciding whether or not I should be killed. Shifting from foot to foot, I waited impatiently with the want for them to just decide quickly and get it over with. Finally looking at me, the tallest of the group who spoke. "I'm Alpha Peters, you crossed my land and other ones, we got calls about a white wolf rogue who ran at lightning rate through their territories. Is that you?"

Unconsciously I stook my tongue out, thinking about his question.The possibility of it being me was very high considering the adrenaline I had had. "Probably," I told him cringing at the thoughts of what might happen after I uttered that single word. Would I be killed on the spot?

"Y-you-stuck your tongue out and bit it!" 

"And? How's it funny," I asked immediately, ablush forming on my cheeks at the stupid act I had done. Stupid tongue.

They all looked at me like I had grown a second head and replied, "How's it not?"

I blinked my eyes a couple of times, thinking that I had run into three crazy guys. I mean here I was a rogue for crying out loud! And they were joking around like I was no threat to them. Because you're not, my wolf mumbled in my brain. Traitor. "Okay, whatever, anyways why is it important if I'm the white wolf?"

Their faces became all serious like and the Beta  replied, "The rogue ran through territories quicker than any other wolf. And by the description it would be you; skinny, white wolf, and a pink duffel bag." I sighed of relief, my pack was not looking for me, but next question made me flinch, "Why are you running anyways?" I looked at them all deciding whether or not I should tell them.

A minute later I had come up with my answer, I would, it's not likely that my pack would look in Louisiana for me, if they did look for me that is. It also might save my life, considering I wasn't holding back any information from them. Telling them my whole life story, I talked about how my parents died and I was blamed for it, how I found my mate, but he rejected me and lastly how I ran away from home. After everything I had told them, they had only one question; which pack had I come from.

I told them not even hesitating, because the whole time I told them my story they didn't laugh, smirk, or anything that made me think they were like my pack, instead they clenched their hands and shook showing their anger. I trusted them surprisingly, it had been awhile since I had trusted more then one person.

They all looked at each other again while I just waited patiently this time. Knowing once they were done talking, they would probably tell me what they were thinking about. 

After awhile the Alpha turned to me, holding a smile back and said, "After listening to your story, we've decided to let you enter out pack, the Lamane."

"I would be glad to join," I told them, not hesitating or thinking about my choices. Relief flowed through my body, massaging each tense muscle until it relaxed.

The Alpha joined me into the pack link while we walked to the pack house. They made me cry of laughter the whole way. I learned that the Alpha was called Kyle, the Beta wa called Cole , and the third in command was Nathan. We all became best friends instantly which was an actual surprise for, considering how long it had been since I'd had one.

As soon as we had gotten to the pack house Nathan was introducing me to everyone, while tickling me at the same time, making me look like a lunatic to the whole pack. I learned that the Alpha had a wonderful mate named Kate, Cole had a mate whose name was Darlyn, and Nathan lost his mate to rogues years ago. 

Darlyn brought me to my room and helped me unpack. Beautiful red curly hair framed her face, tousling in wild directions. My hands itched to play with it and try to possibly tame it a little.I quickly learned she was from Texas, but found Cole when he came to help her pack with hunters. They had fallen in love instantly. Wishing it had been like that for me, I gave her a small smile, happy for her, but sad on what i had missed out on. Alpha Kyle had told the pack my story, so I wouldn't have to, thankfully, and I could tell they felt pity for me, but knew not to say anything about it. Which was perfect for me since I wanted them to know, but didn't want to actually talk about it.

I explored the house and it had a so many rooms that eventually I just asked Darlyn and Kate how many rooms there were, and not including the bedrooms and bathrooms there were fifty-six rooms that went from karaoke to a ballroom. I stood there stunned for a while amazed that anyone could be so rich.

The girls  that night laid on my bed, planning out our shopping trip for new clothes. After we had dinner we watched some movies. When Thor ended, I went upstairs to sleep, and did so as soon as my head touched the pillow.

____________________________________________________________________________

 Comment, Vote!

I can't believe I uploaded so quickly!! I'm so proud of myself even if this chapter is short which I'm so sorry about! I'll try to find a way to make them longer!

Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions just comment below and I will probably try it out or fix it!