Chapter 9 The Twist

"How do you think she is going to react," a whispered voice sounded from the corner of my room. What are these baboons doing in my room?

"I don't know but its going to priceless," another one whispered next to my head. My eyes twitched as I forced them to stay softly closed.

"One second don't do anything, I'm going to video record it," the other voice sounded pausing for a second, to likely get his phone out, before continuing, "Okay I'm ready."

3, 2, 1.

Opening my eyes wide open, I sat up quickly and stared at Cole and Nathan.

"Retreat," Cole yelled, standing quickly from the side of my bed with shaving cream and a feather in his hand, scampering out the door behind Nathan. Rolling my eyes I climbed out bed slowly and woke up Christy. How she sleeps through something like that I will never know.

"Christy wake up, its time for our run with the pack."

"Mnh grs kils," she groaned in response.

"Cole and Nathan were about to make you splatter shaving cream all over you," I told her nonchantly as I opened the drawer that we put our shorts in.

"They were going to do what," she yelled, becoming awake immediately, as I grabbed pink and black shorts and a grey tank top.

"Get dressed and plan revenge at the same time," I told her as I got changed quickly. Swiping my hair into a messy bun, I walked downstairs. My stomach growled in protest as I stopped in the living room, trying to push me onto the kitchen. Patting it, I watched my pack play Super Mario Bros.

"I'm going to beat you!"

"No you aren't! I'm gonna beat you, liar!"

Laughing at their childishness I moved onto the kitchen. While rounding the corner, I saw Ryan. He stood erect as he waited by the door to he kitchen.

What is he doing, my wolf asked.

Being an idiot was what he was doing. His stern eyes told me that he was up to something and that he was determined to see it through. Sighing at the depressing matter, that I would have to pass by him, I walked quickly by and opened the door.

"Oh, hey! I know you! You were that girl who I met on the staircase," he told me in an excited tone. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance. Did Ryan really not recognize me or was he just trying to irk me by showing that I really did mean nothing to him in the past.

Deciding to see which one of the two it was I replied, "Also the girl you've known your whole life. The girl who did your chores. The girl who you rejected a couple of years ago. The girl who should be carrying your pups. Your mate. Yeah that's me, Dylan."

By then I was facing towards him with a deep scowl on my face. His eyes showed the shock he felt. The eyes that showed the stupidity that he couldn't recognize his own mate. The eyes that reflected the girl who stood in front of him.

"Dylan," his voice repeated.

"You really could not recognize me," I stated my voice cracking. Tears filled my eyes as I turned back towards my destination. The pantry, my safe haven that held all my precious food.

"Wait, Dylan!"

I continued to ignore him as I wiped a stray tear  from my face. He really couldn't recognize me. He must have not cared about me back then not to even remember my eyes, face, voice, anything! Why did the fates have to give me him? My mind had definitely never stopped dwelling over him. I knew i had changed, but not enough for my own mate not to recognize me. It's not like I had gotten plastic surgery like some dumb blonde bimbos. Grabbing a yogurt granola bar I exited the kitchen quickly with Ryan trailing me.

"Dylan."

Just ignore him, I told myself over and over again. Just make your way to the line of trees and venture in them, then he will stop following you.

"Dylan," Ryan yelled, grabbing my arm to make me spin around.

"I don't have anything to say to you," I told him turning my face away to try and hide my tears.

"Well I have some things I want to tell you," he told me wiping my tears and turning my face with a push of his hand. His eyes looked at me tenderly and his head was cocked to the right slightly giving him and open look. "I never thought I would see you again. I never thought that I would hear that beautiful voice. I'm so sorry that I rejected you. I regret it and I wish that I could make it up to you. I would do anything to see a smile directed at me from you. To hold you. To cherish you. To never let you go." His voice cracked a bit at the end and a few stray tears watered down from his eyes.

My hand inched up towards his face hesitantly. Once it reached his cheek I wiped away his tears and drew my hand back. He continued to stare at me with those sorrowful eyes as my heart wrenched to take care of him and make him happy.

My thoughts tumbled around as I tried to figure out the choice I should make. I couldn't forgive him so easily and let everything that he did to me fall away. I don't even know if I wanted to. Should I even give him a chance?

Opening my mouth, I hesitated on the words I should choose. What I should tell him. He has hurt me so much in the past that I don't know if I could faithfully trust him again.

"You don't have to tell me what your thinking right now. I'll just go and let you think. I know that your pack and you are about to go on a run. Maybe it will help you think things through," he told me before walking away and back into house.

What just happened?

"Dylan! Hurry up, we're going," Christy yelled as she walked out of the house to stand next to a confused Nathan. A wide-eyed Nathan who had just seen what happened.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Here's another upload! Sorry for that really long wait for chapters! And because of that I decided to write another chapter for y'all today!

This chapter is dedicated to debbie_evanfurn for commenting.

I would really appreciate if you vote, commented and fanned!