Chapter 1 The Betrayal of a Mate

REWRITTEN

_________________________________

In the eleven years since the accident, I had learned several things of great importance in this pack if you were on the bottom. One always obey the other members, even if it's stupid and not a great idea. Two never input a comment. And three just nod and do as you're told. Why, today of all days, I didn't use those things of advice, I have no clue.

"Dylan get down here right now," Alex yelled from the bottom floor. And under my nice warm sheets, I let out a groan, not wanting to leave the comfort of my bed.

"If only I could stay like this forever," I mumbled to myself. "Wouldn't have to deal with stupids," I added on at the end.

"Dylan, don't make me come up there!," Alex once again yelled, probably hearing every word I muttered.

"Stupid werewolf hearing," I mumbled under my breath.

Stumbling lazily to my dresser, I grabbed a par on long baggy pair of grey sweat pants with faded writing of 'KINDERSON', place my parents went for college, and a loose yellow shirt. Next I grazed my feet on the bottom of the wood floors as I made my way to the mirror and tied my hair up into a ponytail.

Sighing, I knew I couldn't stall any longer and went down the stairs to my own personal hell. I looked around for the mess and eventually walked through the kitchen door to fall on my bottom. Great, I thought to myself sarcastically before I heard laughing behind me. Turning my head slowly, I saw my sister standing there laughing at me with the rest of the pack.

Once everyone had their share of laughing except for me, who felt nothing funny about the situation from my standpoint, my brother came forward and slapped my face while saying, "Your suppose to clean it with a wet rag, not your clothes."

Standing up, while holding my cheek and feeling the sting of a bruise beginning to form, I turned to go upstairs when a voice that I knew very well, sadly, said, "Just do it now, and get dressed later in your own time. Chores first, then your personal needs."

I turned my head to stare at my future Alpha, Ryan Williams, or as I like to call him King of Jerks. He's one of those Alpha boys who are arrogant, cocky, and popular boy who thinks they're better than everyone else. We had played when we were both young and before the incident. It was like something out of a story, old friends grow to hate one another. It was stupid.

"You might fall again, anyways," he added, a wide chagrin smirk laying on his face. This of course brought a new round of laughter up while I fought the urge to glare into his eyes or say 'Hilarious' to his face.

Not responding, I went to the kitchen and got a rag wet to clean the mess of apple juice. Running upstairs I got changed, but not quick enough to catch a ride with my brother, the honk of a car while I was going downstairs telling me. Not that I really wanted to go with my brother, Ryan, and Ryan's girl toy for the week. I walked to through the forest, loving the feel of being surrounded by nature.

As soon as I got to school, I walked to my locker and grabbed my first period's book, Math. I waited in the halls for the bell to ring for class by myself, since I had no friends at this town. Everyone was scared of the wrath of the popular's, but that wasn't a good excuse to me, it just showed that they were followers not leaders.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Walking to class, I bumped into someone and sparks flew. I turned my head, hopefully and happy, to see Ryan looking at me confused, happiness, and then disgust.

Mate, wolf said.

"M-m mate," I asked my wolf, but accidentally saying it out loud, so I was interrupted by the werewolves with him, who included my siblings who were crying of laughter.