Chapter 26 Saying Goodbye

The news sent shivers of delight down my body, we were finally going home. I would get to see Darlyn and Kate again. Sure we had our occasional text messages, but they were not enough. They were no where close to our shopping expenditures - even if I detest the activity, it was our bonding time. The times they would drag me into stores, force me to try on things again and again. My eyes narrowed into slits, a cringe going through my spine. Maybe I didn't miss those times -  yeah I definitely didn't miss expenditures.

 But leaving also meant that I would be leaving my brother and sister. I would rarely see my brother again, maybe during holidays and birthdays. Macy, however, I would be able to see at the monthly meetings for all high-ups in the packs. They weren't mandatory, but we always tried to go. We would meet every third week, to fix disputes and just converse with each other, to strengthen relationships. But Derek would never be able to go, unless his mate was someone important. 

I would miss them both dearly. Nathan and Jonathan were practically bouncing off the walls. They definitely had nothing holding them back from leaving, like I did. I also needed to take care of one thing before I leave, Ryan. I needed to stop running, it was time to face my past and get over it - like one big hurdle. 

Standing, Nathan stopped bouncing everywhere, alert on my movement. His eyes narrowed, staring at me with curiosity. "Where are you going," he asked me voicing the curiousness and something I had not detected in his eyes, concern. 

"There's something I need to do, don't worry I'm not gonna wax your bedroom's floor," I replied, referring to the last time we were leaving after we completed the mission. Now that was a good prank. Nathan walked into his room and like stepping on a banana peel, he gave the floor one big kiss. That wasn't even the best part though. Next thing you know, Cole walks in yelling about some missing spoon and slides across the room, sending the standing Nathan and him to the floor tangled. I'm so glad I got that recorded, Christy and I had spent a week laughing over it and posted it on Facebook, showing off my amazingness. 

"That wasn't funny, Cole gave me a serious bruise and couldn't get off of me. We were sprawled there for hours, groaning for someone to come help us. To make matters worse Cole had to poop, so I got big whiffs of fart with his butt in my face and all," Nathan replied scowling like a 4 year old. He looked so adorable and so as I walked by I gave his head a rub and kissed his forehead.

"It will be alright," I told him exiting the room with a smile on my face as Jonathan and Kyle laughed, taking it a little far by rolling on the floor and crying. A giggle left my mouth as I pictured Nathan's side of the story. Cole and him stuck on the floor. Trying to get up. and then a fart to the face that stunk like a skunk. Yep, I'm definitely happy that I got that recorded.

I strided to my room quickly, searching for the piece of paper that I had carelessly thrown on the floor. The piece of paper with Ryan's number on it. I searched the floor quickly with my eyes, coming up with nothing until a tiny white color shown from under the bed. Walking over to the bed, I crouched down and snatched the paper off the floor, opening it while I walked over to my phone on the bedside table. 

Quickly I typed in the number and pressed the green call button. I held the phone next to my ear, putting the note in my suitcase as I waited for him to pick up. Seven rings went by when I was about to hang up in frustration. I tore the phone from my ear and as my finger loomed over the end button, I heard a voice screaming hello. 

"Ryan? It's me, Dylan," I responded, bringing the phone back to my ear. Silence answered me and the only reason I knew someone was still on the phone was because of the deep breaths I heard. "Ryan," I asked, the temptation to hang up coming back. 

"Yeah! Sorry, I'm just amazed that you called me. What's up," he asked replying like we were childhood friends that hadn't seen each other for years. Psh, yeah right. Childhood friends, more like childhood enemies. 

"I thought I would talk to you before I Ieft. You know that way we can move on," I told him rolling my eyes, I should have never called him. This was going to end in complete stupidity 

"Move on, huh," he echoed, obviously thinking over it. I bit my lip, trying decide whether that was a little harsh considering we were suppose to be mates. One voice told me it was while a stronger one told me it was okay, that I needed to be straight forward. I listened to the stronger one, knowing that it was probably right although the smaller one was being nice. 

"Yeah," I told him my voice becoming soft at the end.

"Um. Well go ahead start the conversation. I want to hear what you have to say," Ryan replied, probably tousling his hair. 

"Well. I'm not mad at you anymore and I've decided to forget the past. We can be aquaintances, maybe even friends in the future, but nothing more. I think that we both need someone else, someone that we have no bad past relations with. I'm sorry, Ryan," I told him, knowing that his heart must be breaking right now, just like mine had. It hurt and as much as he might deserve it, I didn't want him to feel it. 

"I understand and agree with you, well eventually I will."

"Goodbye, Ryan," I told him, a tearful sob stuck in my throat. 

"Bye, Dylan," he told me before hanging up on the phone. Taking the phone from my ear I dropped in on my bed, swallowing the sob and putting it away and out of reach for now. Nathan swung the door open and reached out his arms for me, beckoning for me. I ran to them and jumped on him, probably looking like a newborn monkey. 

"You did the right thing, Dylan. You faced your past and stopped running from it. I'm proud of you, honey," he whispered rubbing my back with one hand and with the other he ran his fingers through my hair. I nodded my head, my heart hurting as if it was being torn into a million pieces, the same as it did in the past. But this time it wasn't mine, it was Ryan's.

_________________________________________________

Only one or two chapters left! Please VOTE and COMMENT if you liked it. And if you want to read more of my stories and get updates on the next upcoming chapters, go FAN me!

<3CentralBay