Chapter 15 Forgiving Isn't as Easy as it's Made Out To Be

The trackers arrived quicker than I expected, and quickly got the scent before heading out. Turning, I motioned for us to start heading back like instructed. It wasn't five minutes later that I was pushed into muddy water by Jake.

Growling and snapping in his direction to not do it again, I stood back up and shook the dirty water off of me. Glancing at my coat I saw that it was dirty and I cringed at the thought of caked mud in it. Thank goodness, we were heading home and I could have proper shower. Suddenly I was in muddy water again and my eyes narrowed in on Jake running away.

Letting out a loud howl, I bolted after him in the direction of home. My feet thundered across the fields quickly as I raced after the 18 year old who acted like he was 2. The feeling was exhilarating anyways, because of the long time since I had stretched my legs this much. He let out a pretended whimper as I let out a warning growl when I was close behind him. This fueled my legs to lunge at him and knock him to the ground. Lightly biting his neck in a playful manner, I wiggled my head gently.

"So this is how you set them in their place, huh, Dylan," a voice asked me amused. A voice that surprised me. Immediately forgetting Jake I pounced on the man, letting out a short bark and growl, letting him know that I would do the same to him. He laughed and rubbed my fur before sitting up. Shifting out of my wolf form, I pushed him down while I got up.

"What are you doing here, Alpha Jake," I asked him happily, bouncing up and down. I probably looked like some 4 year old whose Grandpa came to give them sweets. He stood up trying to wipe off my paw prints, that were on his chest. He gave me a pointed look when I giggled at the problems he was having.

"I'm glad to see you aren't calling me rouge anymore, Dylan," he told me choosing to forget about the paw prints on his jacket.

"Oh that was just formalities for the people behind me, so they know who you are and don't attack you when I call you by your nickname. Rouge," I teased him while walking off to a tree to grab some clothes. He groaned and followed me to where I was.

"So what are you doing here," I questioned him while pulling on a shirt and sweatpants that vaguely smelled of Ryan. 

"Well I was looking for my mate and came to this pack to see if she was here. Then I noticed that y'all were here and decided to visit for awhile," he told me waiting patiently for me to finish getting dressed.

"So you didn't find her here, I take," I asked, stretching my neck while we walked towards the guest house. He didn't answer me and when I looked over to see what was wrong he was staring at me with a guilty expression.

"Who is she," I asked knowing that he had to have found her and that why he had that expression on his face. He mumbled a name under his breath looking down.

"Who? I can't hear you when you mumble," I asked a gain, scolding him with a whack across the head for mumbling.

"Your sister, Macy," he repeated quickly as we stood right next to the front door.

"Oh, really? That's great! Wait why don't you sound thrilled? What did she do? Reject you? Oh I'm going to go have a talk with her," I told him, jumping to conclusions. I reached to open the door knob, so I could go find Macy.

"No that isn't it," he blurted. grabbing my wrist, so I wouldn't open the door. "I just didn't think you would approve." Understanding dawned on me as I realized he must of done something to keep her away.

"What did you do," I asked him blankly. He avoided my eyes and my quickly thought of the worse things he could of done.

"Not much. I just told her, I needed some time. To think about it," he answered moments later, making me sigh in relief. Sure she must be filled with sadness, but he didn't reject her. This was something that could be fixed easily. All he had to do was go to her and ask for forgiveness for being an idiot.

"Trust me when I say that I'm happy for both of you. But you need to go to her, she's probably bawling her eyes out on her bed," I told him. His eyes widened in realization and he turned to run to her room. Watching him run off towards the pack house, I waited until I saw him go inside to open the door.

Sighing in relief when I saw some protein bars, I grabbed one and headed up to my room. I munched on it carefully as I laid down to flip through the TV channels. I was tired and really needed to get some sleep before seeing anyone else. I  would snap at anyone who dared to bother me in the grouchy state I was in.

Seeing that 'The Little Mermaid' was on Disney channel, I left it there and curled into my pillow. Just when I was about to fall asleep, someone opened my door slowly. Ryan poked his head I and smiled when he noticed me, not seeing the annoyed look I was giving him.

"Hey, sleepy head! Don't tell me you were about to go to sleep! We should do something," he rambled as I slowly got more annoyed with each word he said. My annoyed look turned into a glare as he sat down on my bed.

Finally he noticed and asked, "What's wrong? You're glaring at me."

"You're interrupting my nap, a nap that I really want. I can't handle you sticking to my side like a little puppy, acting as if nothing happened. You're just being annoying, so just get out," I told him not letting my glare dissipate. He frowned slightly at my words and I could see irritation roll across his face.

"Do you think its been easy for me, Dylan? I told you I was sorry an-."

"Sorry doesn't mean that I forgive you or that I forgot the past," I interrupted him, sweeping my hair out of my face. He rolled his eyes at me which just fueled my irritation and anger.

"Do not roll your eyes at me, Ryan! I wasn't the one who decided to make things become like this," I yelled at him, having lost my temper completely.

He frowned even deeper and gave me a look telling me that it was my fault that he was in a bad mood. My glare and anger didn't lessen as he stood up walked out the door, not even giving a glance back. Moments later I heard the front door slam close, signaling that he left.

Annoyed I curled back into my pillow, trying to fall back asleep. Flipping from side to side for a good hour, I got up to take a shower, knowing that I needed one to relax my body and frustration. I peeled my clothes off and turned the shower on its highest setting. I glanced in the mirror to see messy brown hair and eyes that screamed the annoyed state I was in.

Testing the water with my hand, I pulled it back quickly to turn the radio on. I tested it one more time as if it could get cold in the mere seconds it took to reach over and press the power button. Content with the warmness, I jumped in and lathered my hair with shampoo. The hot water relaxed my bones a as I washed my hair and body.

I sang along with each song that came in although most of them talked about a great love the singer was experiencing. The total opposite of what I was feeling at the moment. Slipping out of the shower once my body was completely relaxed, I threw Ryan's borrowed clothes in the trash and grabbed a big t-shirt from Nathan a long time ago. A t-shirt that I would probably never return. I pulled it quickly over my head and snuggled into my bed, easily falling asleep.

I vaguely remember my door opening an hour later and someone climbing into bed. Christy, my mind registered and I fell asleep with an arm wrapping itself around me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I stuck with Dylan's P.O.V., but if i get a comment I will write that P.O.V. in part of the next chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment! I love y'all uber much my readers and I know that some of you are glad with  what happened between Ryan and Dylan in this chapter, but still want him to be punished more. Y'all are amazing and sorry about the wait. I know I told some of y'all that it would be up in an hour, but wattpad decided to do maintenance when I was just about to post it.

<3 CentralBay