Chapter 8 Combat & Katy Perry

I cringed as the girl swiped at me again, her nails brushing my arm. Nathan had restricted me from using my speed which gave her a very good advantage over me since she was quick. Her breaths came in short breaths, showing that she had little to no stamina when fighting. Her blonde hair whipped in front her face because of the wind and her momentum, causing her to wrestle with it to get it out of her line of vision. Taking my chance I did a roundhouse kick which knocked her to the ground.

"She needs to work on stamina," I told Jace who was writing down the information, "She's good with speed, maybe a little work on reflexes. Still she did pretty well." The girl, Samantha, groaned as she laid on her back staring at the very clear blue sky.

"That was exhausting," she muttered to no one in particular. A small smile edged onto my face at how honest she was before looking towards my next opponent. A shaggy brown haired guy studied my body, instantly telling me that he had been trained and was probably a high ranked wolf. He's checking for weaknesses and probably studied the way I fought.

"Henry Riggs," his rough voice said distracted with still looking for weakness in me. Glancing towards Nathan I asked, "Am I allowed to use my speed on this one?" Really hopeful that he would say yes, I narrowed my eyes onto the guy named Riggs for the first place where I would attack him. "Yeah I guess so since he's a high ranked," Nathan chuckled staring at me with amusement. Smiling innocently I crouched low on on my legs so I could maneuver quickly.

"Whenever you're ready, Riggs," I told Henry who got in a fighting stance. His eyes calculated my body one more time before giving a nod that he was ready. Shifting onto the balls of my feet, I waited for him move towards me so I could jump over him. Sadly he did the opposite and started rotating in a circle. I followed his movement, keeping my space away from him, until I learned if he had a noticeable weakness or not.

We rotated a while, until I decided to make the first move which was rare on my account. A smirk graced his face as his he saw me bounding towards him, he has a plan I thought. Coming up with my own I jumped over his head and turned quickly to punch him in the back. A grunt was the response I got from him as he stepped forward quickly and pivoted to face me. This time he made the first move and aimed for my side with a pent house kick. Grabbing his foot, I twisted it and let go, remembering that I was supposed to go a little easy on them since it was the first day.

He frowned at my reaction, realizing what I was doing, but he said nothing as he flew a punch at my face with merciless speed. It grazed my cheek as I tried to dodge it. Jumping back I landed on my feet and one of my hands to balance me. Growling with my teeth at him, I waited for an opening. Several punches and kicks later, I had finally won. My breath was slowly turning into pants as I leaned onto my knees.

"He just needs to work a little on strength," I told Jace, rubbing a sore spot on my side that could of knocked me to the ground if it was just a teensy  bit stronger. I could see Jace nod his head as he wrote it down in the log. "Next one's yours Nathan," I told him laying down on the sidelines to watch. Riggs was standing by the time I was laying down and moved to sit down next to me.

"Your kicks are strong, I don't want to know how it feels when you go all out," he told me rubbing his shoulder where I had kicked him twice. Smiling I thought about how one of the time I had gone full on out with my strength on one of those kicks, but I slowed it down  a second before it hit his shoulder. Keeping to myself about how it was only one second less of going full on out I shrugged still panting a little.

"I don't want to know how it feels when you gain a little more strength in those punches. I'm quite sure I have a bruised side," I complimented him back closing my eyes as Nathan started fighting the next person.

***

This continued on for several hours, as we were left with only 3 people in the line. My sister had gotten beaten quickly by Christy a couple of people of go. She left with a nasty bruised cheeked and a busted lip. Pushing myself away from the my last opponent who laid on the floor like the other exhausted, I walked towards Nathan and plopped my head on his shoulder. "Christy can have the next one," I told him not even bothering to look to see who was next. He nodded his head and stroked my hair as told Christy that she was next.

"But I don't want to fight Alex, he's her brother. This is where it gets interesting because she gets to kick his fine butt," she whined from the her spot on the ground.

Frowning I glance over at the line to see Alex standing there and watching us expectantly, luckily he couldn't hear us. He looked exactly like he did back in the old days with his brown hair and grey eyes. Sighing I weighed my choices for which one pleased me more. One; I could my brother's butt, Two; I could relax. Then my mind jumped to what Christy had just said, comprehending her words my tongue came out in disgust.

"Did you just say my brother has a fine butt? Why are you looking there? Perv," I told her as she made a puke noise quickly and groaned hitting her forehead over and over again. Deciding I would relax after this fight I walked towards Alex. "After this one, I'm going home," I yelled towards my pack. Alex watched me with curiosity as if I looked familiar, which I should have since I was his sister. Very tempted to call him an idiot inside my head, I told myself maybe that's not why he was staring at me like that.

"You look familiar, do I know you?" As the words came from his mouth and filtered into my head I narrowed my eyes at him. Idiot. That was the only name he deserved right now. Rolling my eyes I got into stance and ignored his question.

"Tell them your name and get ready, so I can go home," I told him impatiently as he just stood there and stared at me. Shaking his head he snapped out of his trance and did as I commanded him. "Alex Richards." He got into stance quickly and the combat began quickly.

The fight lasted awhile but I beated him easily once he got worn out from all the punches and kicks he threw my way. Rubbing my sore eye, the only place he had managed to hit me, I told my group, "I'm going home, see you later. Y'all can take care of the last two people right?"

 Nathan waved me off and nodded his head and I walked slowly to my awaiting shower. Once I arrived in the restroom, I pulled the sweat filled clothes off me. I turned on the shower to warm temperature and scanned through the radio stations as it warmed up. I climbed into the shower and relaxed at the warm water after finding a station I liked. As I finished my shower, Katy Perry's 'I Kissed a Girl' came on and I decided to scream it at the top of my lungs while I got dressed.

"I kissed a girl and I liked it! The taste of her cherry chapstick," I yelled as I pulled on a large shirt and walked back to the bathroom to turn the radio off. A pounding on my door signaled that someone was there and I pulled it open to see Ryan. His eyes blazed with annoyance as I hadn't turned my radio off yet. "Will you stop screaming the worst song to exist ever, please? I'm gaining a head ache from it," he told me rubbing his temples as if to prove his point.

Smiling I asked, "Oh you mean, this? I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick. Oh Oh!" He growled at me and nodded his head in response to my question. Not able to stop myself, I giggled at his childish frown and pout. He shook his head in irritation as he swept down the halls and turned right at the corner.

The pain that laced through my heart at his disappearance made me frown. I shouldn't be giggling at him like some lost romantic teenage girl, he rejected me. Groaning I turned off the radio and slid into my covers to fall asleep, hearing the door open as Christy stepped into the room.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please Vote and Comment, I understand that sometimes people forget to but it's really encouraging! I really love the comments that y'all leave! Fanning also wouldn't hurt. :) Dylan will soon become more mean and well rude towards Ryan, maybe in the next chapter if things go as planned. Thanks for reading!