Chapter 18 Unexpected and Expected Happenings

Ryan's P.O.V.

I sat at the kitchen table in the main house, trying to figure Dylan out. I mean I said sorry! What else did she want me to do? Crawl on my knees and beg for her forgiveness? I'm an Alpha! We don't do those things! Who does she think she is?

'I don't know, your mate perhaps,' my wolf told me aggravated. 'She is you mate! She deserves whatever it takes to get her. If that means crawling and begging, then we do it!' But I wasn't comfortable with crawling and begging, that would make me look weak to my pack.

'Yeah, because she deserved to be bullied by the entire pack,' he replied sarcastically. I knew my wolf was right, she didn't deserve that. She deserved the best and that meant doing whatever she wanted me to. Sighing I leaned my head on my hand, pushing the food around on my plate.

Eggs, bacon, sausage. That's it I could take her out to dinner! Show her that I was being sincere with my apologizing. She wouldn't believe me though, I would have to do something to make her listen to me again.

"Hey, Ryan," Macy greeted me as she sauntered her way over to the fridge. Her face was bright and cheerful contradicting what it had looked like from the past week.

Ever since her mate told her that he needed time, she had shut herself in her room crying. The few times I saw her out of her isolated room, she had red rimmed eyes and tears falling down her cheeks. She wouldn't say anything no matter what you did, she just continued her way to her destination which was usually the bathroom.I guess Dylan fixed whatever happened and her mate made the right decision.

A lightbulb went off in my head as it clicked in my mind. Standing up, I bolted off to my study and dug through my drawers for a new sheet of paper. When I found one, I grabbed pen sitting on the side before writing a note quickly. My eyes skimmed over the messy hot pink message before deciding that it would have to do.

I ran to the guest house and slipped the note under her door before walking away quickly with my fingers crossed.

Dylan's P.O.V.

'Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back any more
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway,' Elsa sang from inside the massive TV.

I was nestled in my blankets on the couch, anticipating the next scene. Suddenly my wolf became alert in my brain and I could feel her pacing back and forth. I jumped up from the couch and waited for her to tell me what it was. I snatched the television remote up from the table and pressed the power button, my hand nervously shaking. I had an idea of what was making her pace and it definitely didn't settle with me well.

'Rouges, Dylan. There waiting just inside the forest's treeline, my told told me, proving my suspicions. I bolted to the main house while telling Alpha Kyle the news. I had to get all the people awake and lead the people who wouldn't be fighting somewhere safe, mostly children. I scurried and threw doors open, yelling at people to wake up. A lot groaned and whined until they heard one word, rouges.

All except one room filled with drunk teenage boys, they ignored all the reasoning I gave them about why they should get up. I was just about to go make them sober by slapping them when a voice boomed behind me.

"She said get up! And if you are smart you will do so now and get ready," a familiar voice boomed. Just from his tone I could tell the he was furious at them and was holding himself back.

I turned to see that he hadn't bothered with dressing, probably just getting back from his run. Nathan's eyes glistened with fury as watched the boys  scamper up and out of the room.

"Thanks," I told him before moving onto the next door while Nathan walked back outside to get he pack into order. Finally I was at the final door and I burst it open to see a young boy crying over a pale, open-eyed woman. Running over to him, I picked him up while he squirmed in my arms.

"No let me go! Let me go! I want my mommy," the boy cried before turning into my shoulder to bawl. I glanced at the woman and saw her ears spilling blood out. Poison. Someone had poisoned the young mother and she probably hadn't known until she saw blood from her ears.

I carried the boy out, hushing him as I scurried down the stairs and out the door. Kyle called me over, staring at the child confused. Everyone became silent and stared at the child who nestled further into my shoulder whimpering. Five minutes later is was still silent but the little guy had fallen asleep.

"Who is he," Nathan asked.

"I found him in a room with his mother who had died. Probably from poison," I replied sadly, bringing the child closer towards me. His snores reverberated in my ear while everyone sent him a pitied look.

"Here I'll take him to where the other children are while you get caught up on the situation,"Christy told me gently picking the boy from my shoulder. I nodded while she did so and I looked at Kyle expectantly.

"I grabbed this," Nathan told me before handing over Miana.

"Thanks," I told him slipping the knife into my combat boot. "Now who wants to fill me in?"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hope you enjoyed! Ryan's POV was pretty short sorry! But the rouges finally appeared and what about that little boy! What should his name be? If you have any ideas, just comment below!

Please
VOTE
+
COMMENT

<3CentralBay