Chapter 22 Making Breakfast

Monkey Bread Recipe

Ingredients 

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands!

Home style refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Steps

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

2. Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.

3. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.

4. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.  

A simple recipe, that I had done many times in this kitchen and the one back home. I grabbed and placed the ingredients out. Nathan and Jonathan sat on stools that st in front of the bar counter, watching with excitement and impatiently. I could practically see their wolves wagging their tails. A giggle escaped from my mouth at the thought as I finished doing the prepping. 

Seprating the dough I threw them into the plastic baggy and shook it around as the oven pre-heated. Suddenly music filled my ears and I glanced to the side to see Nathan next to the radio. I hadn't even seen him get up which was surprising since he was itting right in front of me. Nathan slowly walked over back to his seat and sat down, taking out his iPhone. Jonathan's gaze and attention slowly shifted towards the hone and away from me as I set the monkey bread in the oven to cook.

Dings came from Nathan's phone and made me stare at intensely focused Nathan who was playing a game. Seconds later Nathan's hand hit the table in frustration, matching his aggravated face. I immediately caught my curiosity of what stupid game he was playing now.

"Go, birdy, go! Flap, just flap," Jonathan yelled at the phone in what I think was encouragement. Nathan kept playing, dying a lot from all the fist pounding with table, until he shot his hand up in fist form with an excited look.

"Sweet, sweet, sweet victory, yeah," Nathan sang bringing his fist down in front of his closed eyes. Nodding my head, I confirmed that it was just one of his idiotic games that he would get over in a week, calling it the most stupid game ever to be invented. A ding came from the oven and I scurried over to it and opened the door before pulling out the batch of monkey bread. Steam rose from the delicious smell, making my mouth water and Nathan and Jonathan's head swivel in my my direction.

Nathan immediately dropped his phone as I walked over and set it down in front of them. Two hands, four fingers, stretched towards the monkey bread. Instinctively I swatted their hands away from it and narrowed my eyes from both of them.

"No touching. I'm going to go grab plates and a serving spoon," I ordered both of them, pointing my fingers at both of them in warning. I turned my back and grabbed glass plates from the white cupboard with glass doors. Pulling on the drawer beneath it, I pulled out a serving spoon and walked back to the two. 

Nathan and Jonathan had the same innocent look plastered on their faces, which immediately made my eyes dart down to the monkey bread. Two clear hand fulls made a hole in the platter I had sat down, full with the bread. 

Smiling, I slowly raised my eyes to the two squirming idiots who obviously thought I was an idiot. Idiots. Gently, I sat down the things I had gotten and picked up the bread. Then I rushed out off the room with the platter, the scraping of chairs followed my exit of the kitchen. As I climbed up the stairs, loud footsteps followed me and were gaining on me.

Bursting down the hallway that held portraits and into my room I locked the door. My wide eyes surveyed the room as I checked for anyone or anything that could hinder my plan. Like Cole, he was evil. I nodded my head, yes he was very evil. Must stay away from that guy. Luckily he wasn't in the room, no one was. I sank down the locked door as pounding fists sounded. 

Yeah because I was going to let those idiots in, I rolled my eyes at the idea of that thought. The two of them were so alike that I should have known that they would eat my precious monkey bread without waiting for plates and silverware. That's why I ran, they deserved punishment and I was going to give them that by not letting them have one more bite.

"Please let us in! We just want some more! We're sorry! We have learned our lesson! Dylan," They both whined, scarily in sync with each other. Yep, they were exactly alike, almost like twins. Digging into the monkey bread, I ate in a hurry. It melted in my mouth as the taste of cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar dominated my mouth. Moans came from my mouth as I licked the empty platter. That was really good.

I stood up and opened the door and smiled at the sight of Jonathan and Nathan trying pick lock my door with a twig. They definitely were not the brightest bunch of colors in the crayon box. Their eyes widened in terror as they looked at cinnamon and sugar that coated my cheeks and mouth. 

"You didn't," Nathan voiced.

"You wouldn't have," Jonathan followed. I shrugged my shoulders and dropped the empty platter into their lap. 

"By the way, what game were you playing earlier,? I asked placing my hand on my cocked him, one of my eyebrows also raised in curiosity.

"Flappy bird," Nathan and Jonathan croaked.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Two updates in one day, y'all deserved them because of the long wait! Please vote and comment, it makes me feel good about myself and lets me know that you are enjoying the chapter and story! 

<3CentralBay