Chapter 3 The Awful Shopping Trip and Rouges

REWRITTEN

______________________

Spending three hours in a mall, trying on clothes, using public toilets, trying on more clothes, buying those clothes, eating at the food court and trying on even more clothes was not on the top of my bucket list. Surprising I know, but the eating part wasn't too bad, besides the teenager boys who used cheap pick-up lines on us and then tried to put their arms around us. Yeah, that was just plain annoying.

"Your like fresh poop, because you're as hot as it gets," one of them had told me, smiling cockily like he was some great mastermind who had figure out what every beauty pageant wished for. World peace. In response I had stared at him and then patted his head robotically before turning back around.

Now I was just now getting out of every store all people on the universe loved, the Disney store. Darlyn and Kate had rolled their eyes and gave each other knowing glances as I ran into the store full of excitement.

"Noooooo," I screamed and tried to pull my arms out of their grasps, but I couldn't. Darlyn and Kate laughed and pulled me into another store. I looked around and saw Nathan leaning against a wall laughing at the scene. "NATHAN! Save me please," I asked him and gave him puppy dog eyes. He stopped laughing, sighed, and shook his head while walking over.

"You owe me." He pried me out their arms and dragged me to his car.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I sad while hugging him to death. 

"Yo-ur wel-el-ca-ome. I ne-ed to bre-athe Dyl-an," he replied through short breaths. I laughed and let go, smiling widely. He patted my head and opened the door for me while bowing with his arm out, gracefully. I hit his arm and climbed into his car.

"I can just feel the gratitude oozing from that hit," Nathan told me, sarcasm lacing in his tone.

"Yup. I'm sure it did," I told him bouncing up and down in the seat as we drove away from the mall and two girls running after us in an attempt to catch up. Rolling down the window, I stuck my head out which took several tries, the first ones giving me a bump on my head and making loud thumps.

"Losers," I yelled towards Kate and Darlyn who were slowly becoming farther and farther. Sticking my tongue out at them wasn't the best idea to do in a moving car. In a parking lot. Where speed bumps are frequent. Just as we went over one my teeth clamped down onto my tongue, making me whip back into the car. Causing another greeting with the car door and my head. Rubbing both; my tongue and head, I sent a glare to Nathan who was holding back a smile and laughter.

Two years later

Sighing I looked around at our surroundings. The pack and I were on a mission to see where the rogue wolves were and we were in the trees searching the ground from above. Each person in the pack was a master in at least one thing and I was a master in knives, hand to hand combat, and guns. 

Hearing twigs breaking snapped me out of my thoughts and I watched the area from where the sound came from with a knife twirling around my fingers. A small sandy colored wolf came into view and I looked at Alpha Kyle to see what he wanted me to do, but he stared at the wolf like he recognized who it was. He jumped off the branch in front of it. I did the same and watched wolf go into a defensive position. 

Alpha Kyle held out his hand like he wanted to touch her, snapping his hand back quickly like the air had burned it.

"Dylan go help Beta Cole continue the mission tell him that I'll be there soon."

I shifted from foot to foot, asking, "Are you sure Alpha?"

He smiled and replied, "Yes." I crept back slowly and climbed back to my position next to Cole. I was third in command of the pack and was the best at training new wolves. I told Cole what Kyle said to do and we continued the mission.

It was a while before we found the site of wolves. I looked at Cole to see what he wanted to do and he motioned for me to jump down talk to them. I jumped down and landed gracefully. I took one of my knives out and walked toward the rogues. They all stood in a defensive position as I walked to the leader of them. He was standing at the middle of the site and was watching me warily. 

"What do you want," he asked rudely.

I gasped and replied sarcastically, "Did your mother never teach you how to speak to a girl?"

He growled at me and asked again, "What do you want?"

I smiled and replied, "Better, but I didn't come here to teach you how to speak to a girl nicely as you probably know. The Lamane Pack was assigned to watch you rogues and make sure ya'll didn't attack any packs." I had picked some words up from Darlyn as you can see.

He growled and replied, "The Council is going to let us become a pack soon, we don't need to be watched."

I laughed and replied, "The Council is the one who hired us. They want to make sure you rogues can be trusted." He sighed and waved his hands as if to shoo me away.

I let out a smile and asked, "Are you trying to shoo me away?"

He looked over at me, answering, "Yes. Is it not obvious."

I laughed and turned around and looked for a tree to watch them from. Once I found one, I made my way over to it, while they watched me, I climbed up it and laid down on one of the branches. I felt someone standing under the tree and saw the leader.

"Yes, can I help you," I asked like this tree was my home.

"What are you doing," he asked me glaring.

I looked down at him and moved so my legs were dangling of the branches while replying, "Relaxing while watching you." He glared at me more intensely from where he was standing.

I smiled widely while saying, "You know from this height your glare doesn't scare me. He growled while looking around. Eventually I just laid back down and closed my eyes. 

"How about now?" I opened to see the leader in the tree with me and glaring at me with his face right in front of mine.

I slapped his face and turned to my side and replied, "Nope."

 I looked over at him to see him pouting and laughed a little. He look over at me and frowned while pouting. I laughed harder and placed my hand out while saying, "My names Dylan."