Chapter 17 Miana

You don't have to worry about her, Dylan. We were walking through Ralintan and I was still trying to figure out what he meant. Was she not his type? Or did he mean...something else. Something I should not be even thinking. I mean there was no way he had a crush on me. Right? Usually I read Nathan as if he was an open book, even when he was trying to be closed off.

Am I over thinking it? Maybe he was just joking around. But the way he shook his head while staring at the menu, made me think otherwise. As if he was shaking his head at my ignorance. That part I read , it was as if there was something right in my face that he could see, but I couldn't.

Sighing I ran my finger through my hair, and glanced up at his face. His hair was tousled around and his eyes twinkled with excitement. His shirt hung loosely over his blue jeans. He looked everywhere as if he was a 4 year old in a candy store that also had toys. He was completely himself. I had to be over thinking things, Nathan was acting regular. He had to be joking around at that time.

"What's up," he asked, bringing me back to the real world.

"Nothing," I said a little too quickly, cringing afterwards because I knew he would catch it.

"Nothing? Are you sure, because that response was a little quick," he told me, pulling on my arm so we could stop and he could read my reactions to his questions.

"It's seriously nothing," I replied, avoiding his eyes and fidgeting my hands behind my back. His studied me for a minute before rolling his eyes and pulling me along with him towards the next department.

"Advice, when you're lying look the person in the eyes or you're not going to be believed," he advised me, rolling his eyes in the process.

"Advice taken, but I wasn't lying," I told him fastening my pace, so I could walk beside him.

"Uh huh," he told me, knowing me too well to believe me. We walked towards the back where they held hunting supplies. I decided quickly to not reply, and just focus on the gear. I walked over to the glass container where they held the weapons. A beautiful mithril knife, caught my attention immediately. I looked at the knife and saw it inscribed with swirls on the handle and jagged metal.

"Do you want it," Nathan asked, his lips brushing against my ear because he was so close. My body chilled in pleasure and a shiver climbed up my spine. I cold feel him smile as he put his arms on either side of me and leaned over more to get a better look at the knife. I stared at him from the corner of my eye my breathing shallow and wavering. Gulping I shifted on my feet, and forced myself to look back at the knife.

"Well, do you, Dylan," Nathan asked again, his mouth brushing over my ear again causing tingles. Dylan you need to stop this isn't like you. Focus on the question do you want the knife.

"I don't know. I would have to see how it is weighted and how it throws. It just depends," I told him still staring at the knife. I felt Nathan pulled away as I continued studying the knife.

"Excuse me, but I was wondering if I could look at one of your merchandize it that container," Nathan told one of the helpers. The guy walked over to where I was with a bright smile on his face. He swept back his dusty blonde hair and leaned on the counter.

"Hello, ma'am. Which one would you like to look at and I'll have to look at your license," he told me and I pointed at the knife before digging through my purse for my wallet. I heard the man open up the lock and grab the knife as I pulled out my license. The man grabbed my license, swept his eyes over it and handed it back to me.

"Okay follow me," he told me, walking farther towards the back with the knife. When he stopped, we were standing in front a large cardboard wall with a lot of holes from being thrown at with a knife. He handed me the knife and stepped back to give me room while I tested knifes weight in my hand. Nathan leaned against one of the shelves staring at the wall to pick a spot for me to hit.

"There," he pointed at the wall. "Right between those two long gashes." I nodded my head and pulled my arm back to aim. Plunging my hand forward, I released the knife towards the wall. The noise was pretty as it delved itself into the cardboard exactly where Nathan told me to put it. Nathan nodded his head while the man clapped excitingly at my throw.

"How was the weight," Nathan asked as he pulled the knife out of the cardboard wall.

"It was good, and it obviously goes through the air nicely," I told him as he handed the knife to the clerk.

"We'll take it and here's my card," he told the clerk. My mouth opened to object, to say that I could pay for my own knife.

"And don't let this mad woman pay a cent for it," Nathan added as the clerk rushed away to the cash register.

"I can pay for my own knife, Nathan."

"Oh, I know you can. But I like doing it, makes me feel important."

"You feel important, buying a knife," I asked him raising my eyebrow. He simply nodded staring at the returning clerk who held a box, receipt and Nathan's card. Nathan grabbed it from him and led the way to the exit. I rushed after him and hooked my arm in his, trying to slow his long legs down a little. He complied and walked and eighth slower.

"Thank you for buying at Ralintan's! Please come again," a clerk told us a we walked out the front doors. Nathan waved a hand up in the air without turning back as he continued his way to the car.

"I don't know about you, but I'm ready to go back to the woods where I can run," he told me opening my passenger door.

"I think I'm going to relax in the living room and steal the TV away from the people in there and watch Frozen or Tangled." I buckled my seatbelt as he got out of the parking lot and started the drive home. Disney blared from the speakers and the windows were down as I sang my lungs out. At a red light, a car sat in the lance next to us and when I glanced over, singing Let it Go, a young cute guy stared at me. I started doing the hand gestures the Elsa did in the movie which made his eyes widened. What can I say? I was a Disney fanatic. People were amazed by me.

As Nathan pushed on the gas, my eyes glanced at the box which held my knife.

"Her name is going to be Miana," I said out loud, naming my knife. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed! PLEASE tell me who we want, Nathan or Ryan. Y'all are so amazing and I love you my readers! We need to get you guys a name! What should it be? If you have any ideas, post below!

VOTE

and

COMMENT

<3CentralBay