Prologue The Shift and Fatal Wounds

REWRITTEN

This means that I have improved the descriptions and dialogue of this chapter. Not replotting the story.

____________________________________________________________________________

Dylan's POV

Pain. The agony coursing down my body, was nothing compared to breaking my arm after falling on it wrong on the trampoline. It felt  like each tendon in my body was on fire and tearing apart and then coming back together again. Over and over again. And even though I was six years old, I knew exactly what I was going through. I was shifting and if I judged the sight from my parents' faces, it wasn't a pretty view to be watching. The reason no one was expecting the shift was for one reason; Girls only shifted this young if their mate was a Beta or Alpha.

My mom flinched into my father's shoulder every time a loud snap went through my body and my body spazzed into weird uncomfortable positions. Slowly my body moved into a hunched dog position, seconds later making me throw my head back and into the sky. My eyes focused only one thing; the crescent moon my vision blackening everywhere except where it lay. The sound of the door sliding open was barely audible over my screams.

After what seemed like hours it was over and I laid there for what seemed like a couple more, I stood up testing the new world of being on four feet. Having more balance, I ran over to my brother and playfully nipped at his feet and crouched low. He shifted into his wolf and mimicked my position and crouched low.

Charging at him as he only stood up, tackled me to the floor, licking my face in the process. Growling and squirming, I tried to push him off me, but he just stood up and watched me push the air. I jumped up, strategizing how I could win this game of play attack.

Next thing I knew Macy was at my heels crouching low and nipping at them, joining in our play fighting. Our parent stood there and watched us, smiling, a little pain still in their eyes.

6 months later

I had been running for a while, a white blur through the green woods, but eventually laid down. Thoughts of my sister and the Alpha;s son, Ryan ran through my head. Ryan and I had become great friends considering how close we were in age. Since we were the closest ones age wise who had shifted, we rough housed against each other many times. Suddenly a snap of a branch breaking, interrupted my thoughts. Jerking my snout up, I saw a man with a gun pointing it straight at me from a v shaped tree, most likely a hunter who had ignored the signs that said no hunting in these parts.

I growled in warning. Smirking, his hand tightened on the barrel of the gun, one eye narrowing into a slit, the other closing. A low growl behind him made him widen his eyes as my mom pushed him down to the ground. My father showed up seconds later, joining my mom in the fights. Shots rang and vibrated through the trees, carrying the echos towards our pack hopefully. Snarls rang from my parent's mouths, blood dripping from scrapes on there bodies. Silver lining covered their scrapes. the poison entering the bloodstreams. The hunter was dead, but my parents hadn't got out of the fight easily either. Whimpering my mother stumbled down onto the ground, my father following her.

I shifted back to my human form and ran over to them while crying as they tried to tell me it would all be ok, but even at that age I knew it wouldn't. There was too much silver and blood.

The pack surrounded us and my siblings came next to me and sobbed with me, but then, not before to long, my sister turned to me and yelled, "If you were never born this would have never happened! You don't exist to me or Alex anymore, Dylan!" And then she cried into my brothers shoulder, looking small and terrified. I stared at my brother hopefully, but he just glared at me.

One of the elders picked me up, once everyone had gone back to the pack house with the bodies, and tried to comfort me on the way home.

Little did I know that I would have been better if I had left and become rogue.

____________________________________________________________________________

Vote, Comment, and please let me know if I should continue this story, thanks for reading and I only need one comment telling me to continue this because if just one person wants me to continue, thats the only encouragement I need. Thanks!!!