Chapter 7 Training Time

Moaning I turned away from the light that was streaming in through my window, hiding my eyes into Cristy's back. I nudged her back with my head, nestling farther into it. "Dylan? What are you doing? That is my back not a pillow," she told me shifting back around on my nose. "I'm getting comfy. You're my light blocker, congrats. It is a great honor." She scoffed at me in response and slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

Several pokes into my side, from Christy, told me that it was time to get up. "It's 5:30, Dylan. You need to get up and get ready. Like right now," she yawned proving my interpretation of her pokes. Moaning I sat up in by bed slowly and pushed my feet to the floor and covers to the side. Standing, I dragged my feet to my dresser and grabbed a sports bra and workout shorts. "Dylan that's not gonna match," she scolded me, pointing at my clothes. I looked down at the lime green bra and purple and pink zebra striped shorts. I shrugged my shoulders not really caring and continued my way to our bathroom.

" You better hurry up Christy," I yelled as I closed the door and started changing out of my pajamas. I ran my hair under the bathtub faucet once I had gotten changed and then brushed out the mess of tangles. A knock on the door and it opens, signaled to me that Christy was in here too. "See this matches," she said holding up her pink and white zebra shorts and pink sports bra. "That does not," she added in pointing at my clothes.

"It doesn't matter, the pack knows how I am and the people I'm training, I don't care what they think. I'm comfy," I told her setting down the brush and running my hand through my hair styling it. Once I had it styled in a French braid, I swiped mascara onto my eyes. "I'm done. I'll see you downstairs and grab you a protein bar," I told Christy as I walked out of the bathroom and into the hallway. As I turned to go down the stairs, I saw Ryan about to walk down them. Sighing, I pushed down the pain seeping through my heart from our small bond.

I walked slowly towards the stairs, giving him enough time to get down them before I rounded the turn to go down them as well. As my foot stepped down on the first step, I saw Ryan leaning against the wall waiting for someone or something with a smirk. "Hey, I'm Alpha Ryan, but you can just call me Ryan," he said holding out his hand for me to shake. My wolf purred in my head, wanting me to go and grab his hand. She definitely was not realizing that he didn't know who we were and was hitting on us anyways. I looked him over, and saw that he looked exactly the way I had left him, like the rejection had done nothing to him. Like it didn't happen. My wolf growled at the thought going through my head and agreed with it, snapping out her trance.

"Hi, but I don't touch people's hands," at least not my rejected mate's, "So I'm just gonna go around you now and go eat. You have fun with that hand pulled out towards the air. I'm sure you're imaginary friend will love to shake it, hump it, whatever," I told him and jogged down the rest of the stairs and into the kitchen. I smiled at my own joke, trying to forget the burning pain caused by him as I walked into the pantry to grab two protein bars. Nathan jogged into the pantry to grab something and smiled once he saw me. Ruffling my hair he grabbed something just above my head.

"Hey, Dylan. I see you woke up. Thanks for the Skittles yesterday," he said grinning innocently although I had never wanted to share.

"Those were mine and you stole them! That's a crime! Just as bad as kidnapping, in my book. Because those were my Skittles," I yelled at him as I walked out with two protein bars in hand. I watched as my pack laughed at our, well as they put it, 'Couple Comedy Show'. Where they came up with the couple part, I have no idea. We're nothing like that and we don't feel that way towards each other. At least I don't think we do. Shrugging I left the thought and started to unwrap my protein bar.

Getting off that awkward subject, I glowered at our pack before throwing Christy's protein bar at her giggling face. She caught it with a yelp and smiled at me.

"Great couple comedy this morning, I love it. You two together are just too cute," she giggled at me like a romantic teen as we walked outside to where we would train the pack.

"We're not together," my mouth blurted which I know would make her think I was denying something. Which would lead on to lot's of babbling. Great. Just great. I felt my wolf laugh a bark at me and the things I have to put up with. Great now my wolf's laughing at me, just another shenanigan in my shenanigan filled life.

"Oooooo," Christy drew out, "There's something going on between you two, isn't there? Why haven't you told me," she whined at me and continued on with lot's of question that I felt like I should just ignore and run away from. So I did. I followed my instinct and ran away from Christy and to the training yard. Her feet pounded after me with rhythmic beats. I pumped my arms like I was a track star, so she might slow down thinking about how weird I am. Hopefully she will. I know I'm crazy, I embrace it. Fully with no regrets.

She didn't slow down, but a giggle behind me told me she could see me and that she was catching up. I let my arms become natural and quickened my stride to the yard. Trees blurred past me as I used my werewolf speed. The trees became brown blurs and the leaves became green ones, it looked like a photographer had move there hand quickly while taking a picture, but smoother and clearer. Not so jagged.

My feet touched the training yards ground as I was sent tumbling down. A small weight laid in top of me as my face embraced the grass.

"Christy get off," I mumbled into the ground which probably sounded something like 'Wisty et oof', Yeah it probably did from the giggles that were coming from Christy.

"What was that?" Her question made me decide she deserved no mercy, so I jumped up and didn't warn her. A loud thump drew all of Ryan's pack eyes to us, they stared at us, mostly at Christy, bewildered. I inched away from her sideways and tried to look innocent.

"I told you to get off," I whispered to Christy who was lying down on the ground on her stomach with a scowl, not letting my eyes leave the bewildered one that was still watching us with confusion.

"That hurt, Dylan. You were my couch and then jumped up!"

"I don't want to be a couch!"

"You weren't 'a' couch! You were 'my' couch!"

"I don't want to be 'your' couch either!"

Our arguing continued on for several more minutes as Kyle and the rest of the pack arrived.

"You two can argue later," Kyle boomed at us, "Right now you need to train people. Get going!" We scampered off and separated the group of people quickly. I made sure not to put Ryan or my siblings in my group.

"Get training," Kyle boomed, not even bothering to introducing us. I trained twenty people who were in bad shape by making them run around the boundary several times, do fifty push-ups, eighty sit ups, papalates, hand-to-hand combat and wolf combat with several water and restroom breaks. That took  six hours, two more than it should've. Once all the groups were finished we rounded them off to test them.

"Okay, now we will be doing combat," I yelled at the group.

"We already did combat training though," someone yelled from the crowd.

Sighing I massaged my forehead, "Training yes! But now you will be tested against us. Don't worry we won't go full out on y'all." I waited as Nathan explained what would happen.

"Okay, first one! The quicker you get tested the quicker you can leave," Nathan boomed, knowing quite well that no one wanted to be tested.

Everyone got in line and Nathan gesture me to test someone first. I waved the girl who was in front of the line over. She cautiously did so and stuttered her name out that way they could write her down., "S-Sa-Samantha Avenue." I got in stance and prepared for her to make the first move.

 __________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry for the long wait! It's hard to get internet since I moved out in the country. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I would really appreciate if you would Comment and Vote, either one or both would be great!