Chapter 24 One Goes

Our feet pounded across fallen leaves and twigs as we rushed forwards towards the group. Macy's wolf bolted pass me with her mate chasing after her. I let out a soft bark, warning them not to go to far and to stay within the group. Their pace slowed and Rouge, Alpha Jake, walked beside her, brushing his fur along hers in an intimate gesture. 

Tearing, my gaze off of them I watched the way leaves flew off the ground and up into the sky, whisking out of sight. Kyle slowed down rapidly and let out a warning growl for us to follow suit. I walked beside him and stared at the camp set in a open field, plain to sight. Yellow tents were pitched up and a fire pit was built in the center. The placement looked like the camp for girl scouts, too bad they weren't or I would be getting me some Thin Mints.

Ryan growled and lead the way, creeping low to the ground as we snuck up on the camp. A growl to the right of us let me know that we had been spotted. Pouncing up and over to the rouge I twisted his neck in my teeth in my mouth. A whimper fell from his mouth as he tumbled to the ground. Falling back into the group, I hoped that the rouge hadn't had time to mind link.

Alarms sounded off around the camp, letting me know that my hope had been in vain. The wolf had definitely mind-linked someone in his pack, probably someone high up like the leader. We popped up, like daisies sprouting suddenly. Our eyes scanned and watched wolves come out of tents, like an angry  wasp that had it's nest bothered. 

Kyle rushed forward and attacked the closest rouge, killing it quickly. I let my wolf take over, rolling my neck in readiness. What felt like movements later was probably more like hours. My wolf gave me control, giving me back my body. All around me laid dead bloody bodies, the grass was sprayed in blood and fur. 

Then my eyes shifted to a bruised man with his check deeply cut and blood splattered across his face, being held up straight by Ryan. Ryan stared at him with pure venom. Searching his face for some proof of who he was, although I had good idea of exactly how important he was, I met cold calculating eyes.

They narrowed at the sight of me and I had my proof then. He was the rouge leader. Rusty, was what I called him and will continue calling him. He was forced to stand on his knees, hands wove together by an old piece of rope. His eyes were filled with anger, telling us that he would not back down.

Kyle strode up to him with a knife in his hand, the deadly look he always had when he was about to kill the leader. Stopping in front of him, he stabbed the knife onto Rusty's thigh before snapping his neck. The leader tumbled to the ground, staring blankly into the forest, no sip of life being shown.

The rouge pack was destroyed, their camp burned to the the ground. Human bodies were scattered across the field, blood covering their wounds.

Then I looked at who remained in my group. Christy, Cole, Nathan, Jace, everyone who was in my pack survived. The numbers had dwindled a little. I looked around for Alpha Jake and Macy and found them in there wolf forms licking each other's coats. I breathed out a sigh in relief, knowing that they were safe.

"Time to head back," Kyle told us, turning away from the bodies after pulling his knife out of Rusty. He cleaned the blade on the grass as we all shifted back to our wolves, ready to go home and rest.

Ryan bolted into the forest and we followed, jumping over fallen trees and branches silently. Once we reached the treeline next to the house, we changed into our clothes as families ran out of the pack house, looking for someone in our large group. Hugs initiated across the group and a figure ran into my legs holding my knees together. I swayed back and forth trying to find my sense of balance, my arms stretched outwards and eyes wide in shock.

Glancing down once I had gained it, I saw messy brown hair nestling into my stomach. I smiled and ruffles Jonathan's hair, his hair becoming  even more crazy. His eyes bore into mine as if searching for any injury in them.

"Afraid I wasn't coming back," I asked him cocking my head which made my hair sweep against my arm. He stayed silent resting his cheek against my black shirt. "We'll be leaving soon, you'll get to see my home," I told him as I softly pushed him off of me and grabbed his hand, leading him back to my room. Nathan caught up to us and took Jonathan's other hand, smiling down at him. I still had not talked to Nathan about the whole relationship thing.

When we reached the door, I could feel someone's eyes burning holes into my back. Glancing back, I saw Ryan looking at me, before looking toards the pack house walking to it. I let out a sigh as I stepped over thershold, thanking that I would be getting away from himsoon and then we could just get over each other. He would forget about me ventually, but hopefuloly not the lesson he learned.

Jonathan pulled me up the stairs and into my room, an excited look on his face maing me worry. Nathan oushed opened the door, the same worried look on his face. The door swept open, revealing a room that held a hundred bag od skittles, laying on my dresser, bed, floor and closet. 

"Christy came and brought me them, telling me that you would like it," Jonathan explained to my awe-shocked face. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter. I couldn't kill anyone off sadly. Anyways the book is almost finshed only a couple of chapters left! Maybe like 2 or 3! Vote and Comment!

<3CentralBay