Chapter 14 The Protein Bars

Once we reached the fields, I told everyone to listen to their senses, that our wolves would be able to sense the rogues before we do. Because even though we shared the senses with our wolf, our wolf was more use to them and able to use the senses better.

I sniffed close to the ground and followed my gut instinct in which direction to go. We had been searching for hours before I told them that we would stay where we would camp here for the night. Christy and the others grabbed their supplies and either set up a tent for themselves or made a pallet in a comfortable area so they could sleep in wolf form.

Several minutes later everyone was situated for the night and went to the creek, that we were camped next to, to take a swim. They took off their clothes, not the least embarrassed about being naked in front of each other. Christy and Jake ran up to where I was relaxing, dripping water droplets on me.

"We were wondering who you wanted to go hunt and get food," Jake told me while Christy nodded along with him. Stretching I glanced around the area looking for any wildlife. A couple of rabbits hopped around in circles, being foolish as always, and a small group of turkeys squabbled at each other.

"If y'all are wanting to hunt you can come with me." I stood while they glanced at each other before deciding they would join me. Shifting we crept and camouflaged ourselves in the tall grass. Christy and Jake inched their way towards the bunnies who were clueless about what was about to happen. Poor things. that left me with turkeys who were showing their feathers off to each other.

'One'

'Two,' I counted mind linked with the two siblings.

'Three!' We too off at our prey and ended up with five rabbits and three turkeys. This wouldn't last long with us eating it raw in wolf form though. We would need to find more food later. I dropped the food off in the middle of the camp and glanced at the creek, trying to decide whether I wanted to take a dip or not. Everyone by now was already out or on there way out to dry themselves. I eld onto my lip with my teeth for several moments before deciding to go ahead, that we might now be next to the creek tomorrow.

After undressing, I dive into the water and floated on the surface, relaxing my body. I listened to the others munch happily on their meal while growling playfully if someone inched towards them. Gently padding my hands in the water, I waited several minutes before climbing out and getting dressed.

There was no meat left when I checked, only bones, but I was not expecting there to be. I walked over to my bag and grabbed a protein bar from the large box. Munching on it happily, I glanced around to see Cristy shaking her head while watching me.

"Protein bars. Who brings protein bars with them? Only you, Dylan. Only you. And even if someone did  bring those things with them, they would not eat them for dinner." I pouted at her as I made my bites smaller to make it look like I was ashamed of myself.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," she told me catching onto what I did. Suddenly a hand snatched it away from my grasp and sight. Turning, I saw Jake happily munching on my bar. Christy started laughing at the situation, knowing full well that know one takes my bars away from me unless they wanted to something.

"That's mine! You can't eat it," I screamed at him, trying to take it back, but he held it over his head while chuckling. A frown graced my face while I jumped trying to reach it. "Give it ba-," I started demanding before he dropped the rest of the bar into his mouth, chewed it, swallowed it and then had the idiocy to smile at me.

"You're dead," Christy told him while I  crouched low on the ground, so I could pounce him to the ground.

"Oh, please. Like Dylan could even hurt this," he replied waving his hands over his body. He truly is an idiot if he thinks he just spoke the truth. "I'm too attractive for a girl to hit me." He's a dead idiot, I thought before pouncing on him and pounding my fist on his head.

"Give it back! Give it back you moron! I want it back! Give me it back! Jake give it back," I ranted continuing my plan to make a large bump on his head. Christy was cracking up by now and could not contain herself and we had gathered a crowd of the others. They were all smiling and looking at us like we were the newest TV show on CW.

"I can't give it back! I already ate it! What do you want me to do? Throw it up? Poop it out?"

"I don't care! Find a way! I want it back," I continued yelling at him.

This continued for the rest of the night until we both fell asleep with me still on him from when I pounced him. I was told by Jace that I would keep hitting Jake every now and then telling him I wanted it back while I was sleeping. Jake would cringe in his sleep and tell me that he would get it back for me later when he had pooped it out. Smiling I had walked away and hit Jake on the head, telling him that I still wanted it back.

Sending a couple of people out to get food for breakfast, I ordered the rest to pack up camp. I joined them and folded up other people's tents and blankets after doing mine. The breakfast crew came back shortly after we finished with several rabbits and a deer. Where they found the deer in the fields I don't know, but we enjoyed it immensely.

We shifted into our wolf forms and delved more into the tall stems of grass, searching for the rogues. In two days time, I ran out of my protein bars, because Jake ransacked them. Two weeks later we found an old fire pit, a couple of bones, and their scents. I immediately mind linked Kyle to show him the old camp. He told me good job and that he would send some trackers over to us, so that they could pick up the scent. He also told me that this was good and to come on back when the trackers arrived.

I informed the rest of the news, that we would be going home soon. I was thrilled. Not because I would see Ryan, but that I would get to eat some protein bars.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which cover do y'all like better, this one or the other one? I still have the other one if we like it better and I can switch it back. I hope that y'all are getting happier about uploading. Sorry about the short chapters, I'm not good writing long ones and I like getting them out to you as soon as possible.

Please vote and comment! Whoever comments first will be dedicated in the next chapter!

Love ya,

CentralBay