Chapter 13 The Meeting

Dylan, come to my room immediately when you arrive, Kyle mind-linked me. Glancing at Ryan I asked, Is Alpha Ryan coming?

For a couple of minutes there was silence and by then Ryan and I arrived at the front door. My mind was racing in circles, trying to figure out if I should bring him or not.  No, this is a meeting just for our pack, Kyle told me.

"I have to go, bye Ryan," I told him crossing my fingers that he wouldn't start asking questions. I had no luck at all.

"Where are you going? I'll go with you," he told me excited as he caught up to my side grinning widely. Groaning I tried to think of a way of how to get rid of him. Suddenly a light bulb went off, I would just tell him that I'm going to go take a shower. I opened my mouth to tell him why he couldn't come.

"Ryan! Ryan!," a bunch of children screamed and came running at him. Ryan turned and caught one just in time before the kid fell flat on his face. The brunette headed boy laughed with excitement as Ryan lifted him into the air. Seeing a chance to escape, I pivoted around quickly and turned at the corner. Relieved I opened the door and slipped inside.

"Just in time, Dylan," Nathan told me as I sat down in the empty chair next to him and Kyle. Glancing around I saw that the room was flooded with all the people who had come with us. Most people were standing and quite close to one another.

"Okay, so the reason why I have rounded everybody up is because we need to figure out where the rogues are staying before they attack. So we are going to need some people to scout out the area. I can't go so Dylan will be leading the group and will make the decisions unless I give her some. Who will volunteer to go with her," Kyle asked the room. Half of the room raised there hands, including Nathan, Cole, Christy and Christy's brother, Jake. I knew that only 6 people at the most would come and would Nathan and Cole would not be one of them.

"Jake, Jace, Christy, Tyler, and Jacki will go with Dylan the rest of you will stay here and protect the pack in case the rogues come. You who are going with Dylan need to gather your supplies immediately so y'all can leave by tonight, Kyle told us. The 5 people who were coming with me filtered out of the room and I stood to follow. Nathan grabbed my hand and whispered me good luck before I left the room and I smiled in response.

Walking with Christy to the room I thought about where we should go first. The fields or forest. I took a shower to get all the dirty lake water off me and then changed into a pair of sweats and green v-neck. Packing two changes of clothes I walked to the pantry with my pink duffel bag. Grabbing a box of protein bars, I stuffed them into my bag and sat down in the living room. Grabbing a notepad and pen that were laying on the coffee table I drew a rough sketch of the area. To the right of the main house we fields and the left was a forest. Where would they most likely be.

The forest had food, but we wouldn't expect them to be in the fields. In the forest the pack ran in a lot, so someone probably would have run into them by now. It's been a couple weeks since I've been her, but I haven't heard of anyone missing. If someone has gone missing, we should check the forest first, but if not we should check the fields.  Making up my mind, I headed towards the main pack house where I could find Ryan or Derek. Either one of them would know the answer. I sent a message to all the people who were coming with me to scout that we would leave in 30 minutes and to be ready.

Opening the door, I glanced around for someone so I could ask them where the Alpha or Beta was. My eyes found no one which was weird considering that the hall was usually full of people unless it was Friday. Slapping my forehead, I realized that it was Friday and that they would all be watching a movie. I walked quickly towards the living room and opened the door to see the pack sitting and watching The Hobbit on the big TV for the adults and Tangled on the smaller TV for the children.

Ryan looked over and grinned when he saw me. I waved for him to come over to where I was. He stood and came quickly, still grinning widely.

"Hey! I couldn't find you after those kids attacked me, you just disappeared. You should come watch The Hobbit with us, it just started," he invited me with a happy look in his eyes.

"If I was going to watch a movie, I would have joined them," I told him pointing towards the group of kids. He chuckled and shook his head. "But that's not why I'm here, I actually didn't know it was Friday until I saw the empty hall. I wanted to know if anyone has gone missing while have been on a run."

A serious look came over his face as he thought about it. "No, no one has. Why?"

"I just needed to know where we should start scouting. I have to go, now. I'll see you later."

He stood silently as I left watching me confused. I walked quickly back to the guest house to see everyone ready in the kitchen. Smiling I grabbed my duffel bag and shook my head for them to follow me.

"Where are we going to scout first," Christy asked me curious.

"The fields," I told her leading the way to the tall swaying grass.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! We are finally going to get to meet the rogues! YAY!!!! Thanks for the votes and comments in the last chapter!

Please don't forget to:

Vote

     and

         Comment

Love y'all,

     CentralBay