Chapter 10 The Treehouse

What was thinking? Did I think that just because he said sorry that I would forgive him? Shaking my head I jumped over another log. We were out running still and I had done exactly what he told me to do, think over what he said. Growling at my stupid hesitation and hope, I pushed myself faster. Trees passed my line of sight quicker.

Did he think I was stupid? I shook my head in frustration. What was he planning? Pumping my legs even faster, I took off and left everyone else behind. They could run together with each other, but I needed to go somewhere I hadn't gone to since I was little by myself. A place that I had been scared to visit for a long time. The treehouse.

I had found it when I was little right after my parents died, it had become my sanctuary for awhile. Well it was until Macy found it and it was forbidden for me to ever go there again. I wonder how much it has changed. When I had first found it, it was full of pinned up posters and bean bags. What Macy and everyone else had done to it was a mystery to me. 

I took a sharp left at a tree with no bark. Several yard in front of me stood the treehouse. It had flags strewn across the wood of the pack's name. Shifting quickly back into my human form, I scampered up the ladder in anticipation. I took a glance inside before walking in. Not much had actually changed beside the huge TV and pictures of the pack added to the walls. 

I walked slowly towards the pictures and glanced at them all. There were several ones of just Macy. Some of Macy and Dylan smiling happily. Several of Ryan. So many of the 3 of them that I couldn't count. My eyes skimmed over one photo and then went back. It was a picture of Ryan and I in wolf form together before my parents died. We were both crouched low and ready to play. My eyes showed excitement and happiness. 

Where had it all gone?

Walking slowly backwards, I plopped into one of the bean bags. My nose was filled with the scent of Ryan. This must of been the one he always sat in. My head leaned back on the top of the bean bag as I sighed. Everything was now reminding me of him. Memories that I haven't thought about in so long, the time before my parents died.

During those times, Ryan and I were inseperable, anyone who watched us probably guessed that we would end up happy mates. He would show up at my house breathing heavily to walk me to daycare in the pack house. He was always sweet and full of smiles. He would push me on the swings and buy me a lollipop with his allowance. When I fell on the concrete in the park and started bawling, he ran up to me and gave my scraped knee a kiss. He told me that his kisses were magical and could fix anything. 

I wonder if that's still true. If we kissed would all my doubts, insecurities, pain and hesitancy disappear. My eyes closed as I let the stress just flow through my mind. What should I do? Tears flowed down my cheeks in streams as my breathing became shaky.  My body slumped off the bean bag as I let my body relax.

"What should I do," I whispered into the floor as if it would have the answer.

"You should make him work for your forgiveness. Make him watch Barbie and My Little Pony. Make him massage you're feet and take you out for dinner. You should do what you're heart is telling you not you're brain, Dylan." And now the floor is talking to me! It actually answered me.

"Are you saying my brain isn't smart?"

"Not as smart as your heart in these situations,"a voice from behind me stated.

My head popped up as I wiped my tears in embarrassment. Turning around I faced the person, as she stared at the pictures pinned upon the wall. The floor had definitely not been talking to me a minute ago.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter and if you did, do you see that little star you should click it. It is just dying and waiting for you to click on it and make it happy. It wants to vote! Anyways, I'll start working on the next chapter tomorrow. 

<3 CentralBay