seven

1 week later.

I was walking back to this little motel Niall told me about, but this week I've felt uneasy.

I swear every time I turn my back, j feel someone watching me. I couldn't leave my place without feeling paranoid.

It was around 11 at night, and I hear a knock on my door.

I groggily walk up to the door, and I'm face to face with a tall male figure.

"Liam?" I asked.

He pushes past me and sits on the bed, "I'm sorry that I came in bursting, but I haven't been able to talk to you until now."

"About what?" I asked.

"Harry, he's really suspicious about you. He has me and Zayn watching you 24/7. Zayn couldn't come today so I took my chance, " he says.

What the fuck?

"I'm not even working there anymore, why does he care?" I scoffed.

He shrugs, "he thinks whatever you're hiding it's big and important."

I sighed and sat down on a chair, "well what have you told him?"

"I've just told him you're living in a motel, working for random drug dealers. And that's it, " he said. "Zayn agrees but he knows there's something off about you too. I try to convince him he's sounding as crazy as Harry."

I groaned, "why haven't you just told them?"

He raises a brow, "do you want me to"

I shook my head, "no, not really. But I mean why does he care? I mean what you've told him is literally all I'm doing."

"He probably suspects your false identity, and he might think you're working for someone else or something."

I sighed, "whatever, well thank you for telling me. I know to act like Marcus 24/7 now."

"No problem, I should get back and tell Harry that nothing new has happened, " he says, getting up.

I stop him, "wait!"

"Yeah?"

"What happens if Harry knows you're helping me?" I asked.

Liam sighs, "he won't take it lightly. But he'll probably take it out of me who you really are."

"Do you think he's suspicious about you too?" I asked nervously.

"There's a chance. But so far, I don't think so," he concludes.

"Okay, you be careful too. The last thing I want to cause is a death."

He laughs, "I'm just as a good liar as you are."

"But you figured me out?" I questioned.

"You gave yourself up without you knowing it, simple as that," he shrugs.

"okay... " I say. "Well take care."

***
Harry's POV

I was getting desperate, I knew Marcus was hiding something. I had a feeling maybe he was a spy for that new gang?

Liam and Zayn report the same things every day but I'm to the point I don't trust them.

On cue, Liam walks in. He seemed rather more relaxed than usual.

"Anything new?" I asked.

"Nope, all seems to be the same. He sold some drugs from one of those crack houses and went back to the motel, " Liam shrugs

"There's still something not right, " I say.

Liam chuckles, "mate, you're getting really paranoid."

When I jump to defend myself Louis comes in, shirt covered in blood. He was pissed and threw his gun on the table in front of us.

"Them too, the black pit also betrayed us for that new gang," Louis spat.

"Where's Niall? Wasn't he with you?" I asked.

"He went to go take one of our injured men to the infirmary," Louis says.

I looked at Louis, "grab him, he needs to be here. Zayn as well."

Louis nods and walks out the door.

I slam my fist into the wall, anger engulfed me completely.

"Whoever they are, they have a death wish," I spat.

"They're taking us down, one-by-one," Liam breathes.

Louis and Niall walk in, Niall takes a seat. His shirt having more blood all over it than Louis.

"Zayn?" I asked.

"Here," a response says walking into the door. "Whoa what's going on?"

"Sit we need to discuss something," I say.

They all sit, "We need to figure out our allies and our enemies. Clearly we made some in a matter of days,

"We need to make The King's Den stronger, we need a more stable gang. Better our forces, as long as this new gang is recruiting our so called allies, we need to make sure we withstand whatever forces their coming at us with.

"That means money, weapons, better our drug trade and make sure our regulars stay our regulars. And if that means making better with our enemies then we should."

The boys stared at me, unsure, uneasy.

"Er, speaking of enemies... " Zayn pipes in.

I glanced at him, "what?"

"Did you guys hear that Julio Esteban's daughter is missing... He's on the hunt for her, maybe we can find her and like make bargain a deal with him?"

I looked at the other boys, Louis seemed unsure (again), Liam and Niall glanced at each other and looking around nervously, Zayn quite confident.

"What do you think ... Liam?" I asked him for several reasons. I probably trusted him the most for decisions like this and the fact that he looked rather nervous.

He looked scared for a moment but pulled himself together, "I don't trust Julio for shit. You know what happened last time, I don't think that's a good idea. He could just be saying that shit and like drop us quick. "

I thought about it, and he was right .

"You're right, " I agree. "Julio has fucked us over too many times to try."

He relaxed, "see, so what else are we going to do?"

I sighed, "For once I'm not sure. I think we should still better the gang. The more reliable men, the more of an advantage."

"What kind of men?" asked Niall.

"That I'll have to review. I'll need Louis and Liam for this. Niall and Zayn finish your jobs for the day," I announce. They nod and leave, "Now figure out our weak points when it comes to our men. Those are the ones we need to seek out."
Liam and Louis glance at each other and nod, they leave me once again.

This was the start of war.