fifty-six

*cheesy/short chapter*

After I said those words and Harry
spoke to me, I was dragged out of the room for him to sleep.

It was now morning, and I barely slept at all as Harry's words replayed in my head and made my heart flutter. Dr. Peters came by to check on me.

"He's doing alright, still hasn't woken up," I gave Dr. Peters a questionable look as he gave me information about Harry without even asking. He checked different things and then left me alone.

I grew irritated sitting in a room the entire day, I felt bored, and broken. I wanted to run, so I made the bold choice to get up and my legs were still horribly weak. The moment I was about to reach the door, a nurse walks in and looks at me, she curtly nods at me as if she knew what I was doing and approved of it. I don't say anything as I limped out of the room.The hallways were quiet other than a few nurses walking by and ignoring me, I made my way to the door of Harry's room and I walked inside. His eyes were closed and I once again entered his room with closing the door behind me.

I walked over to Harry's bed where I almost tripped over a wire hanging out near his bed, "shit."

I jumped as I saw one of his eyes peak open, "it's only you."

I looked at him, "nice seeing you too."

"No, I thought you were that doctor, I was pretending to sleep so he would stop bothering me," he weakly explains.

I sat down in the same chair I sat in yesterday and I smiled softly, "how are you feeling?"

"Pretty great, apart from the sudden bursts of pain at night," he focuses his eyes on me. "How are you?"

"Not dead," I joked.

His face grew serious, "I'm glad you're not."

My face softened, "Harry, I wasn't going to leave alive if you didn't."

"Then I guess I'm glad I'm alive, so you're alive," he relaxes a bit.

"I'm sorry Harry," I whispered.

His eyebrows furrowed, "for what?"

I let out a shaky breath, "this was my father and ex-fiancé who did this to us, to you. If it weren't for me, we wouldn't be in this mess, I love this place but I can't help feel guilt for everything that's happened."

He stares at me, "I always admired your caring nature Julia, but this isn't your fault... Don't ever say it is. I've had problems with your father before any of this, the den is in the top of the game it's not unnatural for someone to try to take that away. "

"But I-" he cuts me off, "no Julia, stop. This isn't your fault," he seemed frustrated.

I sat back in my chair, "do you remember anything these past few days?"

He sighs and gives a pained expression with a quiet reply of, "yes."

"If I had anything to feel guilt for, its what happened to us. You got the worst torture because of me," I tried not to cry, my voice was slightly cracking.

Harry's expression shifted, "no, they tortured me because they knew my weakness. The whole torture was the worst when I had to witness yours, they knew what would hurt me the most. I couldn't help you, and I watched, they knew damn well what they were doing to me."

"Because of-"

He cuts me off again, "no, it wasn't because you were there with me. It was because they knew what I felt towards you, they found a way to try to crack me."