fifty-three

Julia's POV

I woke up from passing out what felt like hours ago, a small, thin sheet covered my body. My body was aching and shivering due to little warm provided for me. I try to sit up and I notice bruises and irritated skin, even cuts inflicted by that damn hose.

I hear footsteps again and I close my eyes praying they're not coming for me but sadly I was wrong as I hear someone say, "good, you're not dead."

"G-get out," I stuttered. I sounded weak but my pride was still intact.

The man walks closer to me and puts his hands on my waist, "what a doll."

I looked at him, "don't you fucking dare you piece of shit."

His breath fans my face, horrible smell of alcohol, onions and cigarettes. I held back a gag. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

"Where are you taking me? I'd rather much die at this point," I sighed.

"That's not what Julio wants," the man says.

I let a tear roll down, "I don't give a shit what he wants."

"Just shut up," now I'm thrown over this man's shoulders, I don't scream or anything, I was too tired for that. I was led through dimly lit hallways into another door. I hear muffling of voices halt, of course they were waiting for me. I was thrown on a chair and I leaned my head back, showing no sign of fighting.

"Oi, she seems dead," some guy laughs, and a few other men laugh as well. And I use the last ounce of my strength to look at them and I see Harry on another chair in front of, staring at me.

Thank goodness he's still alive.

I don't say anything as I feel a tear slip down my face seeing his current state. He looks at me with concern, almost holding back tears himself.

Dramatically enough, heavy footsteps echo into the room and Liam looks at everyone. I feel that same feeling of anger and hate but I bite my tongue to prevent causing a scene.

Liam walks over to me and looks at my shivering body, "well Julia, I always knew you were strong... Didn't think you were that strong to withstand that." He then looks at Harry, "don't look too good there mate." Harry glares at him but doesn't utter a word either. Liam looks surprised, "no comeback Harry? Well can't say I'm not shocked."

Harry laughs at that, "guess we're all being surprised one way or another today."

Liam nods and looks back at me, "make sure she stays awake to see this." And suddenly Liam kicks Harry in the stomach, I start shaking more as I see blood drip from Harry's mouth.

"Don't touch him!" I yelled.

Liam ignores me as he begins to beat Harry right before my eyes, I start sobbing seeing as Harry seems to be thrown around like a rag doll.

I close my eyes. This isn't happening.

I open my eyes again and Liam takes a step back, he looks at two guys, "you guys finish it, keep him alive."

They do as they're told and continue to inflict pain towards Harry. I watched, absolutely helpless which is what made this worse. "Alright, alright... You can leave him now," Liam announces. The two men retreat and Harry is just extremely bloody and coughing out for air.

I felt the same rough hands of the man that carried me earlier and for some reason I start to thrash.

"Don't fucking touch me," I screamed.

Liam looks at the guy, "let her go."

I felt his hands release and I'm not sure why but my instinct was to run towards Harry.

I collapsed next to him and I cuffed his face. He opens his eyes and I try to clean his blood only making me cry more. He tries to talk but I hush him and place his head on my lap.

"Oh how heartwarming," Julio's bitter voice comes through.

"Just let him go, I will do anything," I plead.

"See, I could do that. Pero... No quiero. Te quiero ver sufrir," he answers. (But... I don't want to. I want to see you suffer.)

He stepped near Harry and I and grabs Harry and hoists him up. A gun pressed to his temple, "te voy a preguntar algo. Si me digas qur si, no lo mato." (I'm going to ask you something. If you say yes, I won't kill him)

"Okay."

"Tu lo amas?" He asks. (Do you love him)

I seemed taken aback, "what?"

"La amas a él?! Si ó no?" He yells. (Do you love him?! Yes or no?)

I cry harder, "si." (Yes)

He drops Harry and comes over and grabs my arm, "he's to stay alive now. But now the times ticking for him." He drags me out of the room as I hear Harry trying to utter my name, but it was too late as I was out of the room before he could.

Julio drags me across familiar hallways, and once again I'm thrown into a room.

I looked up to see the horror expression of my mother staring down at me. But next to her stares at me a more soulless pair of eyes... My ex.

"Don't you look lovely," he says to me.

"Rot in hell Stephen" I snapped.

Julio again grabs my arm and makes me stand up, "we're going to finish what was meant to happen."

"Like hell I will," I state.

"You're only going to make Harry die faster," Julio explains.

"No, no, no Julio. We all know she won't do this even if we tried making her," Stephen interjects.

Julio looks at Stephen, "oh? So what do we do?"

"It's only logical that we keep torturing Styles, she'll crack and give in."

"Don't," I say.

"See... So will you listen to us like a good girl?" Stephen grabs my chin.

I don't say anything, I had no idea what to say.

"Well then, Julio... Like I said," Stephen orders.

And for days I would see Harry be tortured before my eyes. There would be times I would be tortured in front of him, the cycle only continued. My will to live has plummeted, each torture I'm put through, only praying it can kill me. I know Harry felt the same.

It was a sick game, and we were losing.

After seeing Harry cough up blood once more, I couldn't do this anymore. I cried out, "I'll do it."

***
Not completely satisfied with the ending but I think it was an okay chapter.

Trust me there's a shit ton more to come, and I have some ideas that will just change the story.

Thank you to everyone who's been reading!

Love you all,
-E.x