fifty-one

Julia's POV

It was pitch black outside, Harry went outside to check if we were clear.

Evan sits next to me on the couch, "so... How's it going?"

I glared at him, "I don't really like you..."

He chuckles, "I figured that out not too long ago."

Harry walks down the stairs before I could say anything back. He looks at me and Evan, "we can go."

I stand up and hurry next to Harry. I smiled at him softly and walked up stairs, they followed behind and we walked outside. The night was cool, and the sky was pitch black.

"We need to hurry," Harry mutters.

We walked down the streets, until we were met in an alleyway.

"Here it is," Harry stops us. We looked up at a clearly old building, an apartment building. Harry grabs a rock and throws it at a window. A few moments later Zayn's head peeks out and opens it.

"Hurry the hell up!" Zayn snaps.

Harry looks at me, "come on babe, you first." I nod and I walked towards them, he lifts me up and Zayn reaches for my arms and pulls me inside.

"How's it going Julia?" Zayn smiles at me.

"Fantastic," I giggled. I stand up and looked around the apartment. It was rough, yellow paint was chipping, there was only a table and a mattress sitting on the floor.

Evan was the next to come in through the window, Zayn looks at me and back at Evan, "who the hell is that?"

Evan looks at Zayn and I sighed, "long story. Not right now Zayn."

Zayn gives a suspicious glance once more at Evan and proceeds to help Harry in. Evan looks around the place, "nice place."

"Shut up," Zayn says as he's helping Harry climb through the window.

Harry steps in and looks at the place and back at Zayn, "thanks mate for letting us come here."

"Well I mean you're my boss, and a friend as well as Julia... But seriously who is?" He points at Evan.

Harry sighs, "I'll explain." They both start talking and I looked around to see if there's food, I only see beer I let out a sigh and I hold the beer up for Zayn to see. He looks at me and nods and I open it.

Evan sits next to me, "hey."

"Do you like annoying me?" I rolled my eyes as I take a sip of the bitter liquid.

He seems amused by my remark, "can't say I don't enjoy it, but my intention currently is just to talk."

I set the beer down and wave my hands, "okay, fine... Talk."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... He almost slit Julia's neck and you have him here?" Zayn practically yells and Evan and I both looked at him and he looks at us and grows even more confused, "what the hell?"

"Kind of hard to gossip about me when I'm right here," Evan waves at them. Zayn glares at looks back at Harry and lowers his voice. Evan looks back at me, "what is it with all these guys being all macho for you?"

I snorted, "I work with them, they're my friends. I mean if your friend was threatened with a sharp object near their neck wouldn't you freak out?"

He shrugs, "I mean I would..." And he gets closer to me and whispers, "but I don't have friends."

"Either way you agreed," I point out.

"Okay you got me there," he nods.

It's nearly 1am now, and I grew tired but I didn't want to say anything. I continued talking to Evan, while Zayn and Harry talked conversed.