fourty-five

-short chapter(ish)-
I feel his warm lips but aren't moving. I realize what I'm doing and I push back, "oh my god, Harry I'm s-sorry. I shouldn't have done that..."

He looks at me with a shocked expression, he then cups my face and crashes his lips against mine, the kiss was warm and passionate. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pushes me against the wall, deepening the kiss. Our breaths get heavier and we pull apart.

"That was much needed," he breathes out.

I smiled, "can't say I didn't miss our arguments."

He chuckles, "ditto."

I sighed and I sat down on the side of his bed, I looked up at him with now a serious expression, "you have things to tell me."

"I figured, anything in specific?" He sits down next to me.

"How about the fact that you didn't contact me in weeks and had people spying on me and not tell me. Harry I have as much rights to know what's going on as everyone else," I state.

"And you're right but I didn't want you to get paranoid, or do something that could have endangered you. We needed to get information about them and still keep them away from you," he explained quietly.

I huffed a breath and looked at him, "did you get any information?"

He licks his lips and stands up nervously, "yes actually. I don't know how to tell you it though."

"Spit it out," I urged.

"Well it seems that your ex fiancé seems to be the possible leader of the pit and they're now just directly targeting you," I stood up and I felt rage burn inside of me.

"You can't be serious? Even now I can't get away from that asshole?" I snapped. "How fucking fantastic. I saw him once during that shooting and I knew he had to be apart of this mess."

"Is there any important information that you can give us about him?"

"No, if anything maybe everything I was told was a lie. I just know he was rich and had some kind of power."

"He won't get to you, I won't let him," Harry boldly says.

I smiled and snorted, "you're so corny. Alright Romeo, but Juliet knows how to use a sword too."

He smiles, "True."

"So what do we do here?" I asked.

"Well we find a way to get to the pit without being found by them or the FBI," he hummed.

I studied his features, he looked drained and tired. I frowned, "you've been overworking yourself, haven't you?"

He shrugs, "we've had to keep up with the pit."

I rolled my eyes, "alright. That doesn't mean you can overwork yourself until you're dead."

He laughs, "that's kind of how life works."

I think about it, "I guess you have a point there. But still take it easy."

"I can't make any promises," he says truthfully, he frowns looking at the floor.

I sighed, "fine. Well I think I should go to sleep, as should you."

He glances at me and nods, "alright, goodnight." He surprises me by walking up to me and kissing me mumbling, "please stay away from Nick."

I smirked, "I make no promises." He frowns and I rolled my eyes, "relax, don't get all macho protective. I'll try."

He nods once more and I walk out of the room, the hallway was dark all you can hear were the faint laughter of the men downstairs that echoed up. I walked inside my room and I see Jade lying on the bed and glanced at me, "you and Harry argued again?"

I laughed, "surprisingly...no. He just told me some details about the pit and what I missed."

"Hmm... Anything else?" She squints her eyes at me.

I sat down on the chair in our room, "yes, that's it."

"Yeah I'm not buying that shit," she crosses her arms, looking at me with not looking impressed.

I didn't want to explain the complicated relationship I had with Harry, if I can even consider it such a thing. If anything the last thing I wanted to make this some love story.

Too late.

I growled and threw my head up and slouched on the chair, "well take what you will, that's what happened."

"Fine, we might as well sleep," finally dropping the subject she rolls over and waves her hand, "goodnight."

I crawl into bed, turning off the light. My eyes peeled watching the ceiling, I didn't have a single thought just my eyes watching the darkness of where the ceiling is supposed to be. I still heard faint footsteps from downstairs and now Jade's heavy breathing indicating she's passed out.

Harry's POV

The sun has risen, and I lay awake. I think about Julia and our discussion not too long ago. I have definitely associated myself with her but I don't know what title to use. The last thing in all honesty I should be worrying about is petty feelings for someone. But at the same time, I can't help it. It was something I've never really had to deal with before.

She was odd. We would always argue, and it would piss me off but I still grew to have feelings for her. She was insanely independent, she doesn't know sometimes to take some help and have someone worry about her, but I can't blame her for growing up like that.

I guess her flaws was what attracted me, they turned out to her best qualities.

Not to mention her scent of vanilla and a faint men's cologne of what I'm guessing is her body soap.

Another odd thing to enjoy about her.

My mind drifts off and eventually my eyes grew heavy. I continue to think about her qualities, until my eyes closed. Until I heard a door creak.

My eyes snapped awake and I looked up at my door, and there she stood looking at me, "can I sleep here?"

***
Sorry it took me a while to update, more than usual. I've been busy this weekend getting clothes and stuff for school next week (lmao I haven't even started my summer assignments). And I have to be honest, I've been watching HP all weekend (fav movies and books).

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I've been trying to avoid getting cliché but I guess that's what's been happening anyway? 😂

Thanks for reading!
Love you all,
-E.x