sixty-eight

We were all on edge as Ed still took on the task of meeting up with my father. Everyone was keeping track of the movements, the conversations, and we were all getting kind of agitated for things to end.

As for the actual tension of the house, it was rather tense and awkward. More towards myself actually. Harry and I have not spoken at all since Liam and my mom's arrival, also the day I broke things off with him. I would catch him looking at me, wanting to say something but I was quick to move in order to avoid it.

I spent every day, coming and speaking with my mother and Liam. My mother and I would avoid actual conversations about my father, our past and present of family, we kept things rather simple. As for Liam, he would tell me everything that has occurred to him in the pit as well what happened the night he and my mother escaped. I of course in return told Liam our plan for the time being here in Spain, and I even told him the final part of it that was kept secret between Maxwell and I, the only other one knowing was Austin who was also helping with.

Liam gives me a concerned look, "Julia, are you sure?"

"Liam don't you want this to end?" I ask seriously.

He pushes his concern, "yes, but are you sure about this plan?"

"Maxwell and Austin find it to be the best way," I admit to him.

He lets out a long breath, "I just... Really care about you Julia."

"I know."

*
Harry's POV

Since Liam and her mum had arrived, I had avoided contact with her for her sake. It was also obvious she purposefully ignored me, her attitude being distant. It was only a matter of days until things will end but knowing that she won't be here with me as the end result.

"Harry?" Maxwell focuses my attention away from my thoughts. "Are you alright?"

I give a firm nod, "yes, I'm sorry. What were you saying?"

He studies me closely, "Harry, are you sure you're alright?"

I shrug it off, "yes, now what were you saying?" I don't like to repeat myself.

He doesn't push it further and continues, "as it seems with Ed's information it appears that Julio and the pit will not be here long as they think we'll come for them or they want to continue their search for us."

"So you can confirm that they don't know our current location?" This can mean good for us.

"Yes," he grins. "As we have the advantage now, it's best we quickly cease it."

"So you're saying?" I further ask.

"I'm saying, in the next few days we should end it," he grins wider and leans back on his chair.

I think for a moment, "alright, you're right. This should end sooner than later, we can't risk waiting any longer."

He claps his hands together, "excellent! Shall we call the others in and discuss this to them?"

"Yes, it would be best," I agree.

In a matter of minutes, Maxwell's office is filled with the most higher up of my group. I glance at the door where Julia enters alongside with Louis, we make sudden eye contact but we both casually look away.

Maxwell makes his presence noticed as he begins to speak, "we have some news for you, as Harry and I have decided it is best to take action in the next few days."

My eyes wonder across the group, where all their eyes widen. My eyes then land on Louis who whispers something to Julia, making her giggle. My eyes quickly look away and focused back on Maxwell.

He continues his speech, "Harry and I, along with our brains here, have split you up with groups." His attention then turns to me, "Harry, will you explain?"

I stand up, having everyone look at me, even Julia. I stand my ground and begin to speak, "yes, we have split the groups up, sort of according with whoever you arrived with. Jade and Austin, you two will be in a near by location from where Julio and the pit will be as you will be our eyes and ears in that building."

"We won't join the action?" Jade asks.

"No, you're very vital for this, you're going to need to be safe," I respond.

She nods and my eyes focus onto Louis and Julia, "you two will lead the first group. You will be the group to kill any guards, members of the pit, anyone that gets in the way from preventing us to see Julio or Stephen."

I can see Julia want to protest but doesn't utter a word. "As for me, I will be with Zayn, as we lead the next group to goes in after, to get Julio and end it. The group with Maxwell and Ed will surround the building and be backup, if needed."

No one says anything as Maxwell asks, "questions?"

No one responds.

"Well, tomorrow in the morning we will explain the finalized plan. As for now, you're excused," Maxwell commands.

Everyone stand up and hurry out of the room. My eyes fall on Julia as she hurries out of the room without taking a look back.

"You know, I can't guarantee her safety in the end of all of this anymore Harry," Maxwell says, lowering his voice.

I keep my eyes on the door, "you made me a promise Maxwell."

"You're right, I did, but I can't guarantee it," he replies.

My jaw locks and my eyes dart towards him, "I don't want an unsure answer, I want it to be a fact."

"Harry-" he tries to say.

I was quick to respond, my eyes locked on him, "if you don't keep your word, and something happens to her, I will personally come back from hell and kill you." And without waiting for a response, I walk out of the room.

***
A few more chapters to go... in a bit next chapter will be up.