sixty-nine

Julia's POV

It was late evening of the next day. Maxwell was right when he said we would be getting the full details of the plan early in the morning, which happened to be 5 in the morning after he and Harry had finalized it. Which after the meeting, we were all assigned to do something to get ready and as exhausted as I was I quickly finished loading my car that my team will take with us, I went to take a nap. I woke up after 2 hours when Louis came in begging for me to get up so I can cover for him and he can nap.

"Come on Julia, I didn't even sleep last night," he complains as I groan, pretty annoyed.

I give in, knowing he would take a nap anyway and not finish his work, I allow it, "fine but you owe me."

"I'll buy you alcohol later," he waves his hands. "By the way, Maxwell wants to see you."

I was going to ask why, but he just walked out of my room, leaving me no choice but to get up and go look for Maxwell.

I walk into Maxwell's office where I find him just sitting, drinking from a glass that seemed to be some vodka or something.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask loudly, when I walk in.

He slowly looks up at me and sets the glass down, "yes, I wanted to tell you something."

I fully walk inside the room, shutting the door behind me and taking a seat on the usual chair I sat in here, "what's this about?"

He looks at his glass and back up at me, "Harry made me promise that I will make sure you will walk out alive."

"Why did he ask for a promise that you can't guarantee?" I was genuinely confused, Harry knew who exactly I was.

"I told him the exact thing."

I feel myself getting a little worked up, "what did you tell him?"

"Whatever he needed to hear," he calmly replies.

I feel a small stab of guilt, "even if it meant lying to him?"

"Wouldn't you have?"

I can't argue with that. I change the subject, trying to avoid the guilt, "have you told him my suggested final plan?"

"No," he takes another sip of his drink. "Well I told him a vague description of it."

"Like?" I push.

"Well, I told him well the plan but not exactly naming any names, naming the detailed parts but I told him that I would handle it."

I snort, "and he let that slide?" Knowing Harry and how he wouldn't take something so vague.

"Well, I think he brushed it off since I made him the promise of your safety. It seems like that's his actual priority out of all of this," and I feel the guilt flush back in.

I finished the last bit of our conversation and I excused myself. I walked around the house, until I just ended up walking into Liam's room.

"Liam?" I peek my head inside.

He calls out, "come in Julia."

I walk inside and I take a seat on the chair by his bed. "So we go tomorrow," I announce.

"I know, Harry came in to tell me," he gives me a sad look. "So this will all end for us, huh?"

"I'm proud of you Liam," I honestly admit.

"Why?"

"Well, you went out and what you did for the den, being the spy and it was dangerous for you... You made out alive and saved my mom," I ramble on. "I thank you for everything you did."

"Well," he chuckles. "More like your mom saved me, and I saved her. So she has to take some credit... And thank you."

"I care about you Liam," I admit.

"I know," he answers.

After a few more minutes of talking, Liam asks me politely if I can go, saying he was tired. I took it, and I walk out of the room noting I need to come in once more before I leave tomorrow. I was thinking about talking to my mom as I made my way out of Liam's room but I feel it's best I wait until tomorrow, since it was now dark out.

Everyone in the house were hurrying around the house, getting ready for tomorrow when I see a familiar beautiful head full of curls making their ways towards me.

"Hey Julia," Jade approaches me. "You ready for tomorrow?"

"As I'll ever be," I sarcastically say. "Have you spoken to Zayn?"

"Yeah, he will arrive early tomorrow so he can get ready," she seemed genuinely happy with Zayn, and I was happy for them. I give her a small smile. I think she go what I was feeling, "you know, you should at least talk to him."

I shake my head, "that's a bad idea."

"Maybe, but it's probably what you both need," she was right, but I was stubborn.

"I'll think about it," I slide around it, so she will get it.

"Alright, how about dinner?" She kindly offers.

"No, I think I'm good," I decline.

She grabs my hand and looks at me, "will be friends after this?"

"Always," I feel that familiar lump in my throat.

She beats me to it and a tear rolls down her cheek, "thank you for accepting me."

"Thank you for being the only other girl in this place," I joke and she laughs through her tears. She gives me a hug and I felt guilty, "okay let's go get dinner, you made me feel bad."

She laughs again, "alright, for one last time before this storm finally blows over."

I smile, I genuinely smile at her. Because tomorrow will be the end of it all and the beginning for for something new in all of their lives, as well as for me.

***

Three more to go...