twenty-five

I awoke with my eyes drowsy, my head pounding and someone knocking on my door. I was not in the mood today.

I swing the door open, and I see a Louis smiling at me, "morning sunshine."

"Too early Tomlinson. Why are you here?" I asked.

He walks past me inside and looks around and looks back at me, "I'm bored here, I wanted to go shopping. So I want to take you."

"Louis we literally robbed a bank last night and you just want to randomly roam the streets like nothing?" I scoffed.

He smiles, "well that's why we're gonna try to blend in best we can. Not make it seem suspicious, and if you hadn't noticed we wore masks last night, they don't know our faces, even if they did they know they won't make it out alive."

"I don't know..." I wondered, then I remembered that night I went out on my own. "Fine, should I go as Marcus or Julia?"

"Marcus, your father's men are still lurking," he responds. I shoo him away and I get ready and head out the door. It was rather hot today, the air was a bit thick and humidity was definitely in the air.

I met up with Louis by the car, "all good?"

"Yep, shall we?"

He smiles, "we shall."

We drive into the shit traffic they have here, we talked and Louis honked a few times in between. Then we get to the little shopping square area, a pretty nice one.

"Alright, Harry doesn't know we're out. So let's try not to waste our time," Louis explains.

My eyes widen, "Harry doesn't know?"

"No... I mean I'm a grown man, I think I can handle myself. But he'll probably be pissed so either way lets not get him too mad."

Louis drags me into some stores, he tries on clothes, and asks for my opinion. I grabbed a few things myself, but Louis was in a full shopping spree.

"What the hell do you mean this shirt costs $200? It's literally a plain shirt," Louis was complaining as I stared in amusement.

"I don't know why sir, are you going to buy it or not?" a rather annoyed lady sasses back, she won't have her job long, and Louis clearly isn't taking her bullshit.

"Not for fucking $200, I'll pay $200 for at least a design but not something I can get for $20 somewhere else," he puts the shirt back into the rack of clothes. "You have now lost a customer."

"Come on you diva," I say, grabbing Louis's arm and walking out. "Weren't you a little harsh?"

"No, I think I handled that well," confidence radiating.

"Alright I'm hungry, can't we at least eat?"

He looks around, "yeah sure. I think I see a restaurant over there." I followed him, and we made it to a cute little restaurant. They seemed to serve salads, sandwiches and all that stuff. Louis and I ordered our food and sat.

"Where should we go after this?" Louis asks me.

"I think we should get back, as much as this is getting out of the... Place but I think Harry will have our heads if we don't get back soon," I take a sip from my tea.

He nods, "alright. Harry has been calling, but I've been ignoring."

"You're kidding me right?" I almost spit out my drink.

He shakes his head, "nope, he's been calling. I'd rather not get yelled at just yet."

"God he's going to kill us," I groaned.