sixty-five

When Ed arrived with the rest, we immediately started to get to work with planning. Maxwell seemed to take a big part of it as he knows my father well enough that he and I worked alongside and Ed as our diversion to get around my father.

"Alright, we just need to calculate what days that Julio is to arrive and when is the best time to attack," Maxwell says.

Austin quickly typing on his computer, "hard to say... We will need Ed to maybe engage him to come."

"That's a risk," Harry looks around. "He could already be suspicious."

"It's worth the chance," I speak up.

We all sat in Maxwell's home office while discussed our planning.

"Okay, so Ed?" Maxwell looks at Ed.

Ed sighs, "it's a chance we should take but again, what if he is suspicious?"

"Spend as much time with him as you can," I suggest. "My father will be less suspicious if you're around him more often."

Maxwell nods, "that's perfect, and maybe we can have you secretly record the conversations, and track his location with you there."

Harry huffs a breath, "alright, I must admit that's a good one but what if Julio does figure it out?"

"We can have someone secretly following them, and maybe Ed could say something in code if something were to occur and have that person jump in if anything goes wrong," I respond.

Harry warmly smiles, "alright. Ed, are you willing to?"

"Yes," Ed smiles. "Alright but who will be the one protecting me?"

"I'll take care of that, no worries Ed," Harry responds.

Maxwell claps his hands, "alright Ed, can you get ahold of him tonight?"

"Yeah."

Harry stands up from his seat, "good, we'll meet later tonight. Dismissed."

Everyone headed out and went about their business. Harry waits for me by the door and we walk out together.

"Harry can I ask you something?" I quietly ask.

He nods, "want to go to our room?"

"Yeah."

And we walked around the large house, up the stairs to the room we now shared.

We enter and Harry shuts the door behind us, "so what's your question?"

I sigh and I take a seat on the edge of the bed, "Harry I don't want you to keep any things from me-"

He cuts me off, "Julia what's going on?..."

"Let me finish," I blink.

He nods and takes a seat next to me, "alright..."

I look over at him,"...Is Liam alive?"

He seems surprised by my question, "Liam?"

I quickly stand up now, "I know he was a spy, do you know if he's alive?"

"How did you-?"

"Harry... Is Liam alive?" I ask again.

He lets out a breath, "as far as I know, but I haven't been able to communicate with him in a while."

"So, what if he's dead?" The thought pains me to think of.

"There could be a chance..." He trails. I close my eyes and think about the possibility, Harry stands up and puts his hands on my shoulders, "Liam cared about you... That's why he did it."

I flutter my eyes open and look at him, "why do you say that?"

"Look," he takes his hands off my shoulders but remains to look at me. "Liam admitted something to me... I wasn't happy with him at all, but then he requested me if he can personally go and spy on the pit after he admitted it."

"Admit what?" I was confused.

His features go harsh for a moment and then soften, "he admitted to me... That he loved you, he felt that it was necessary to tell me as well... I love you too."

I don't say anything, dumbfounded.

He continues, "he then requested to do the spying. I told him not to, but said he wants this to be over with quicker... For you to be finally safe."

"So you let him go?" I ask.

"He didn't give me much of a choice," I could tell he felt guilty, and now I felt guilty as well.

I stood up, "I'm going for a walk."

"Julia..." He reaches to grab my wrist but I move it away and I walk out of the room and down the stairs.

I heard people walking around and Louis said hi to me but I ignored and walked faster around the house towards Maxwell's office.

I quickly step in where Maxwell was sitting at his desk and speaking to Ed, "oh, hi Julia."

"Maxwell, may I speak to you privately?"

He seems confused but nods his head, "of course."

Ed stands up, "excuse me." And walks out of the room.

"So Julia, what can I do for you?" He warmly smiles at me.

I take a seat where Ed sat and I look at him, "you're the one who thought of the final plan to get rid of the pit and my father, right?"

He nods again, "correct."

"Can I suggest something?"

He nods once more, "of course."

"Good," I begin to explain. I give a full thought out idea, as well as incorporating Maxwell's original idea. "Well?"

"Well, I must say that's a good plan," Maxwell replies. "Now are you sure this can't go wrong?"

"I, more than anyone want this to end... so will you take the suggestion?"

He chuckles a little, "yes, you're a brilliant girl. I will take it."

I relax in my chair, knowing this will finally end for all of us.

***

So I updated lol, and I'm sorry if it was a little short I just didn't want to drag this chapter too much. I will be updating again later on in the day, so expect another update sometime today. But I decided to push back the final date for this fic for a few days and made on April 4th because I changed my plans on the final chapters, so I pushed it back a few days and I will be updating a chapter or few until the final day.

So...please don't forget to vote and comment!

Love you all,
-E.x