twenty-eight

I went into the the hangout and I see Liam, Niall and Zayn hanging out. I walked right up to Liam and said, "why did you tell Harry to kick me out of the King's Den?"

Liam looked surprised, "wait what? He actually kicked you out!?"

"He said after this mission he wants me to leave, he said you agreed!" I snapped.

He shook his head, "I said it was good for your safety if he did but I was mainly hinting at him not to actually let you go."

"Well it didn't work," I grumbled. "I leave I'm a few days."

Niall looks at me sadly, "did you try to change his mind?"

"I did! And it obviously ended with an argument, he was telling me this bullshit that he was doing this because he cares, quote on quote, 'too much,'" I do the finger movement.

"I can try to talk to him," Liam offers. "Least I can do."

"How about I do it, he obviously expects Liam to come talk him about it, I'll go," Zayn then says something.

I sat down, "really?"

"I mean it's worth a shot," Zayn shrugs. "Harry might hear me out."

"Well I hope he does," I sighed. "I really don't want to leave this place."

Niall looks at Zayn, "you should go now."

Zayn nods, stands up and leaves the room. I can feel a lump in my throat, mentally praying it goes well.

Harry's POV

I drank the last bit of whisky in my glass. I couldn't really think at the normal, everything was sort of blurry. I just felt my blood pumping, and frustration.

I hear a small knock and Zayn's head peer in, "might if I come in?"

"Depends, what about?" I muttered.

He sits down, "Julia told me you decided to let her go."

I dryly laugh, "of course she did. In all honesty you were the last person I thought would come in here to talk about it."

"Look me and Julia may not be close as her and Liam, Niall, even Louis. But I guess I care," Zayn explains. "Why'd you do it?"

"She didn't explain that?" I narrowed my eyes.

He sighs, "yes actually, well sort of. She said you told her some bullshit that you're doing this because you care about her."

"She still thinks that's bullshit?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well is it?" Zayn crossed his arms.

I looked at my empty glass, and I decided to go for another glass. I stand up to fill it, and I answered his question with, "I wish it was."

"If you do care that's kind of a shit reason to let her go from the den, " he was calm but stern.

"Look, I don't why but I feel like that's what I should do," I put the glass on the table, a little too forcefully. "I don't know why, but I felt it's the best option."

"Did you tell her that?" he questioned.

"Sort of... I don't know, we were yelling at that point," he responded, frustrated.

"So do you still mean it?" he pushes forth another question. "You really gonna let her go?"

I didn't know if he meant that literally or emotionally but either way I said, "I stand by my word. I don't want this situation to get more dangerous."

"Mate I'm gonna say this because I care, but it seems to me like this isn't just about her safety," he looks at me seriously.

I frowned, "what are you saying??

"You and I both know what I mean," he stands up and looks at me. "but in that perspective I understand why it would be dangerous."

"Are you telling me some riddle?" I joke.

"See you later," he walks off.

I sat there with liquor on my lips and thoughts I wish I could avoid.

*

Julia's POV

Louis was complaining the moment he walked in Niall blurted out that I was leaving and since then Louis has been ranting.

"I swear if Zayn says it's still no, I swear I'll go and start some shit with Harry," Louis goes on. "I fucking can't believe him."

"Louis please do us a favor, and shut it," Liam says.

Louis glares, "sorry for being upset over this."

"I appreciate it Louis but lets wait until Zayn shows up," I say quietly. On cue Zayn walks in, and we all stared at him, he smiled sadly and shook his head.

"That's it, I'm going," Louis stands up. Liam stands up as well, "Louis sit your ass down."

"What did he say? " I direct my attention to Zayn.

"He said he was going to keep his word, he feels this is the only option to keep you safe," he explains.

I frowned, "he's still using that pathetic excuse."

"In all honesty, I think he does care just doesn't express it in a caring way," Liam jumps in.

I stood up, "whatever, either way it doesn't change the fact that I'm leaving. Thank you Zayn for trying to talk to him." I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and I walked out.

Let the countdown to my final days here, begin.

*

A late night training was announced. Everyone involved in the mission has to train tonight.

I was headed up, and it seemed none of the boys were there. I sighed and grabbed my gloves and I instantly went for the punching bags. In the corner of my eye I see Harry walk in, he comes over to the punching bags and for a moment we made eye contact and I looked away and started kicking the bag. I could see him carefully watching me, and I tried my best to focus my attention on the bag. I'm not gonna make this argument more pathetic than it already is.

"You alright Julia?" a voice says behind me, causing me to jump and hold a fist up. I saw Niall, arms up in the air.

"Easy there," Niall laughs. "Just me."

"You scared me," I take a deep breath. "What's up?"

"Wanted to see if you wanted to go to the shooting range," he smiles. I could see Harry listening to our conversation, what an asshole.

I smiled, "I would love to," I say it in a sarcastic girly way. Niall laughs and we start walking, he told me the boys are giving me my distance for the day that's why they haven't spoken to me since earlier. I understand, I'm pretty hot tempered, and I'm not a whole other of fun to be around when I'm throwing fits.

"So why are you talking to me?" I asked, and his face looks hurt then I quickly add, "not that there's anything wrong with that!"

"uh well I just came in to train and I saw you by yourself, you looked like you wanted to kill the punching bag, I also saw Harry was near you, figured I'll save you," he was a pretty sweet guy, kind of weird to still understand he can kill someone with a perfect aim.

"Thanks Niall, you Charming blonde," I say.

He shrugs, "well not technically blonde but sure, blonde."

I scoffed, "you know what I mean!"

I don't know how I'll survive without these guys.

***
Update for you! Another pretty short chapter, and sort of boring, sorry.

Question: explain the emotions from both Julia and Harry. Both towards each other and just in general.

Comment, vote!

Love you all,
-E.x