fourty-four

"So where exactly are we going now?" I questioned.

Zayn looks at Harry, "yeah where do we go now? They'll know if we go back to the den."

Harry takes a moment, " We're jumping cities. San Francisco, I have a mate who's agreed to have us there."

Louis looks at Harry with surprise, "you're joking?"

"No, we're going. We can leave right now if we need to," Harry looks straight ahead avoiding all our stares.

"I left all my shit," I huffed.

Harry looks at me and his facial expression changes not sure how to describe it, he breathes out, "too dangerous. We can't go back."

"Alright so we just go, just like that?" Zayn looks back again to Harry, I sighed to Harry's response. Harry nods at Zayn and gives me an apologetic look. The sky has now grown dark, and the stars glistened. The car was pretty silent other than Louis' constant whispering.

"Liam you're breathing on my neck!" Louis would whisper yell.

"Shut up Louis," Liam would bicker back.

Harry seemed rather tense now sitting next to me, I would feel his constant stares knowing he had something to say. But knowing us, and how our conversations lead to, I ignore it for now looking out the window.

We would see cops and some of us would have to duck, we were in a constant paranoia, and now we were being hunted down. I was thought to be 'missing' and my mafia group had kidnapped me. Not to also mention the fact that my father and the Pit's mafia group were looking for my ass too, just to make things better.

We had several hours of driving, I see another van behind us following us I assume it's the rest of the team.

I don't sleep, no one does (other than Zayn). We just stared outside the windows or had small conversations.

"How much longer?" Liam whispers to me.

I shrugged, "a couple more hours."

The sun wasn't to rise until 4am, currently it's close to midnight. Were to arrive shortly before the sun rose. And for the rest of the car ride it was set in silence.

The sky was barely lifting, and we had now just entered San Francisco. The city didn't seem all too busy when starting driving along streets.

Harry was directing directions and the rest of us stared out window. We arrived a tattered house complex, it was grey with paint chipping. The street was vacant, except for two old homeless men sitting along the sidewalk.

"What a place," Louis sarcastically notes. "Real beauty she is."

"Louis, shut it," Harry grumbles.

The other van had just arrived and we all hurried to the front steps, Harry knocks on the door and a man's scratchy voice comes from behind the closed door, "Styles?"

"Yes, open up," Harry snaps.

The door unlocks and to my surprised it wasn't a creepy old man but a tall, handsome guy, "get inside."

We all packed inside the house, to my surprise not as small as I thought but for all of us, it was going to be a bit tough.

We all walked to the living room which had old leather sofas and big TV. It wasn't bad it was rather comfy.

"Didn't expect so many of you. So Styles, why the hell are you hiding?" The guy turns to him.

"We're being hunted down by both the law and another mafia group," Harry was clearly irritated by the situation, as we all were.