fourty

Julia's POV

I have been walking around town all morning hoping to find someone hiring in the stores or restaurants. So far I haven't found much, and even though Harry had left me with money I don't think I can stay in that house for long without going absolutely mental.

The air was hot and thick, I kind of do regret coming outside today, but I really want a job. I come across a boutique with displays of nice clothing, not many people inside so maybe I can give this a try.

I walk inside, air conditioning hits me and I don't hesitate getting inside. I see a cashier looking up and saying, "welcome to White Pearl Boutique, do you need any help?"

I hesitate and respond with,"yes, actually... Are you guys by any chance hiring?"

She seemed surprised and sweetly smiles, "I'm actually not sure. But the head manager is in, I can go ask her."

"That would be great," I politely respond.

She nods and walks to the back room, she's gone for a good several minutes with another more older lady.

"This is the girl," the cashier tells the lady.

The lady makes her way towards me, "nice to meet you, what's your name honey?"

I mentally cringed getting called 'honey' but I respond with a soft smile, "Juli-e... Julie Castillo." Remembering my new false identity.

"Alright Julie, I'll have you fill out an application here and I can give you an interview today if you'd like," the lady's bright red painted lips smile at me.

"That's great! Thank you," I beam.

"Catherine, give her the application," the lady snaps at the cashier. Catherine runs into the back and comes back with a clipboard and an application. The manager goes back into the back just leaving me with Catherine.

I take the application and sit on a chair the boutique has, I start to fill out the application. I pull out the false documents given to me and the information I need to go by.

I finish and I walk towards Catherine and hand her my application, she looks up at me, "alright I'll give this Marge." Catherine was a tall, thin blonde who I assume is in her mid-20s, she doesn't seem suspicious towards me at all which is good.

Catherine comes out smiling, "Marge wants to interview you, looks like she might actually will you."

"Well that's great, okay."

I follow Catherine into the back, there was a storage room full of boxes and clothes. And then in the far back is another door which I assume is Marge's office.

"Good luck," Catherine mumbles to me and I step into Marge's office.

Marge smiles at me and asks me to sit, she asks me questions about my work ethic, gave me scenarios and what schedule works best for me.

"Well Julie, I think you'd be a great employee, can you start tomorrow?" She asks.

I smiled, "that's perfect, I definitely can."

"Alright, welcome to the team. Go to Catherine and let her know, you get an entire outfit free of charge," Marge seems to actually like me, this is a good start.

I thank her once more and I head out front again, I let Catherine know and she seemed excited for me, "finally someone new, this will be fun. I'll help you find an outfit."

I end up getting black jeans with knee slits, two shirts, and a leather jacket,"okay thanks Catherine."

She smiles, "we work together now, just call me Cat."