Us and Killers

"The end is near!" Mrs.Hill shouts. Cooper poked my side and I slapped his shoulder. Mrs.Hill went on with the lesson. It was some lesson on pollution.
  She handed out homework and we shoved the the paper in our folders or binders.
  "Want help on the homework?" Cooper said as we left class.
"No." I say flatly. He poked my side as we walked to the next class. I didn't do anything this time. I had enough of him.
We stepped into Geography and Mapping class.

  After school I returned home, pissed as usual. I can't take life any more. I texted Cooper to meet me by the woods behind the school. Of course, he agreed.

  I stood against a tree for six minutes waiting for Cooper.
  He finally showed up. "Hey."
  "Hi, follow me."
  "Okay?"
  We walked through the woods until I felt it was deep enough. I faced him. He finally realised there was a bulge in my sweatshirt.
  I pulled out my grandpa's gun. Coopers eyes lit up.
  "Holy shit! Don't shoot me!"
  "I'm not going to shoot you."
  I put the barrel to my head. "Violet."
  Tears filled his eyes. They filled mine, too. "I thought you should see this."
  I was ready to pull the trigger when he slapped the gun out of my hand. He wrapped his arms around me. He slowly pushed us sitting into a sitting position. We both sat on the ground. Tears ran down my cheeks.
  His freckled face was tear stained. "Why V? Why would you do this?"
"Cooper, everyday since my mom died, I was put through hell, even before she died. Doing this is what I think about on a daily bases!"
  He grabbed my hands. I felt fragile, I thought that if I moved, I would brake.
  "All I need to know to stop me, is," I choked on the words. "do you like me?"
  He stared into my eyes. "Violet, I have always liked you."
  Cooper and I have known each other since first grade. When I'm upset, I go to school and my friends make me laugh. He cheers me up. These were the things that kept me going. I lost my train-of-thought when he gripped my hands tighter.
  "Do you like me?" I bite my lip.
  "Let time tell." I say. I stood up, releasing his hand. He stood too. He gave me one last hug.
  "How did you get here?" I ask as I pick up the gun, shoving it in my pocket.
  "I walked from the library. My mom dropped me off there. How did you get that gun?"
  "My grandpa has guns. He's a shooter at a range."
  "Whoever becomes your boyfriend should be scared."
  I nod as we leave the woods.

  We made it to the library. Cooper and I talked until his mom picked him up. Before he opened the door to library I stopped him and said, "Don't tell anyone, got it?"
  "I always got you Violet." He winked and tried to poke my side. I slapped his hand away. "Don't asshole."
  He walked out laughing. I waited until his mom pulled away and I walked home. My sweating feet made it all the way to the house in my blue, ripped high-tops.
I stomped up the stairs, and into my room. I glared at my phone on my bed. It buzzed like crazy.
I scrolled through the missed texts. Livy just wanted to thank us for coming to the party. She also said she kinda hopes Kyle will be her friend so she can use his books.
Katie said things like, you don't need a guy and you need his books. All the typical Katie things to say. My thumbs tapped the keyboard as I replied. Don't worry, you always got us!