When and How

I picked up the phone and hit answer. "Hello?"
"Hi, who's this?"
"It's Cooper, may I speak to Violet?"
"Speaking."
"Sorry V, didn't sound like you." He let out a deep laugh.
  Anger surged through my body.
"You and Aislinn, huh?"
"Yeah."
"Well, I'm happy for you."
"Thanks V. Uh, I was wondering if you would stop by. I wanna talk."
"What time?"
"My parents and brothers are at some band thing. So, I guess when ever."
"Cool, hold on. I have to ask my dad."
  I put the phone just below my shoulder and shouted up to my dad. "Dad, Coop wants me to come over! He wants to talk! Can I?"
  "Sure!"
  I put the phone by my mouth again.
"I can go. See you soon."
"Great. See ya."

**********

  I walked from the bus stop, down the block and to Cooper's. He stood at the door waiting for me. I waved as I walked up the driveway.
  He waved back. I jogged up the steps and stood in front of him, grinning.
  "Hey." He smiled as the words came out of my mouth.
  "Sup." He grabbed my arm. He swung me inside and shut the door. He released my arm.
  "What did you want to talk about?" I say as I sit down at the barstools by the counter. He sat down next to me.
  He smirked, then frowned. "Don't kill me, but why did you and Ais-"
  "I'm not saying so stop asking." I cut him of and slap his shoulder. He grabs his shoulder. "Stop doing that."
  "Sorry, it's automatic."
  He laughed. Someone opened the door and yelled "Surprise!"
  I sure as hell was surprised to see Aislinn with her leather purse, walking through the door. She turned and noticed me and Cooper siting next to each other.
  "Cooper!" I never saw her face so mad. I felt the heat rush to face. I knew there was a look of confusion on my face. Cooper and I wouldn't do anything. Aislinn thought other wise. "He's mine you butt!" She screamed.
  "Why didn't you just say ass or bitch? It's makes the fighting easier." I question. I had no idea she was that religious.
  Cooper laughed. I stood up and walked past her shocked face. I walked down the driveway towards the bus stop. I heard the door open, but I didn't care who it was.
  "V come back!" It was Cooper. I kept walking. "Cooper, I thought you wouldn't cheat!"
  That bratty voice was Aislinn's. She always got what she wanted. This time, she thought she hadn't.

**********

  I got home and walked upstairs. I clicked on my iPhone and saw a message from Cooper. "You left me!"
  I rolled my eyes and sighed.
    It can end with a gun. Or a knife. Show Cooper and everyone else who's boss.
  A voice in my head boomed. The voice seemed to know how to kill me, but not when. "Fuck off." I whisper.
  Madelyn looked up. "Me?"
  "No."

**********

  I woke up, sweating again. This time the dream was different. I was laying on the soccer field. To my left was a gun, to my right, a knife. Something was falling from the sky. It was about to land on me. I couldn't move, only my hands. My arms were spread out. I could have the gun or the knife. I grabbed the knife. I could move now and I flung to the side. I realised the thing that was falling was a person. It was Cooper. He fell, landing on his feet with ease. He grabbed the gun and pointed it at me. I knew this was Livy's opened and closed moment. I choose the knife, my defence was open. Cooper had the gun. His defence was closed. (Think hard and you get it.) I woke up as soon as he pulled the trigger.
  Tears and sweat fell from my face. I hate my life. I sure as hell was falling.