Listening and Wide Eyes

Cooper's POV

Three weeks had past and there was no sign of V waking up. My wet Nikes squeaked as walked across the gym floor. Rain pelted onto the roof. The sound of raindrops and scuffing feet filled the gym. I picked up a yellow dodgeball, gripping it, I chucked at Jordan and her group of friends in the corner. It hit Jordan's side, nearly knocking her to the floor. She glared at me angrily. Then she on the bleachers. Her friends decided to do the same.
I searched for a stronger person on the other team to hit. Devin and Eric were whipping the balls at the "nerds", when they were trying to walk to the bleachers to sit down. A dodgeball flew past my head like a missile. It bounced behind me.
I quickly picked it up and threw the ball at Eric. It hit his stomach, knocking to the rubbery gym floor. Devin stared at me. His smirk grew. His arms moved in the motion, swinging the ball right at my face. I panicked. Moving my hands to cover my face, the ball came faster then I thought. I shut my eyes and felt no impact. Opening my eyes, I saw the ball wedged between my hands. Devin was out.

******

My eyes burned as I stepped into the cafeteria. Ever since V's fall, everyone treats me weird. My friends don't mention her like they you'd to. People that hate me are acting nice to me. V's friends want to kill me. It's hard.
I sat down at a table no one would dare sit. V's table. Livy stared me angrily. Katie smiled as she gave me the finger. "Fuck off dicky asshole." She said. Livy's eyes were firers burning bright, yet angrily, till dawn. Her angry voice was deep and nerve racking.
"You hurt her. You didn't save her. You di-" I stopped her quickly.
"Can we just talk? Ya know, nicely or something. What do you guys talk about?"
Katie smirked. "You." She giggled. I shook my head.
"No that's wrong. You guys don't talk about me."
Livy raised her eyebrows. "But you don't sit with us. You wouldn't know."
  I put my hand on my chest. "Sorry bitches. I didn't mean to get in your grill." I snarl, jokingly. I stood up with my lunchbox and headed for my usual table, when I saw that some else had taken my seat. Mother F, I thought.
  After eating a lunch in the boy's bathroom, visiting V wouldn't be so terrible after all.

Katie's POV

  I entered Violet's hospital room for the third time since the accident. Her body was so still, it scared my insides. I pulled up a chair next to her bed. My thoughts in motion. "You were right. Guys suck. People suck. Life is a dick head." Tears filled my eyes. "I don't want to stand shit for the rest of my life. I can't be this way for long. I dated so many jerks, I can't stand it!" My eyes shifted around the room. I blinked back the tears. "I should have listened to you and all the others who warned me about my positive fucking personality." I sniffled as someone walked in.
  I turned to see Cooper standing there. "I can go." He said, pointing behind him.
  I shook my head. "I have to go anyways. Homework and stuff." Cooper nodded. He held the door open for me as I stepped out. Realising that I, from this point, will be a better person.

Cooper's POV

  I shut the door behind Katie. Slowly stepping towards the chair. My eyes didn't cry this time. I sat down, silent for only a moment. I fiddled with the promise ring on my finger. Staring at the word, promise. "I broke the promise I made in my head. I didn't protect you. I hurt you. I was a asshole and a lair and a jerk. The condoms weren't mine. Devon slipped it in my pocket and said that Jordan gets feisty. I promised you something I thought I could take on. I guess I couldn't." I stood up. I pushed the chair back into place. A nurse walked in, she sat in the corner, folding sheets. I left the room quietly.

V's POV

My body sat still, until the unsettling nerve in my stomach become lighter. My eyes slowly fluttered open. My vision was blurry at first, but it easily came to focus. I saw a nurse folding white sheets in the corner. My head pounded. My lips felt like rubber. The words slipped out easily. "I heard everything. He didn't brake the promise. I did."

Dun Dun Duh! Don't worry, an epilogue is in the future!