Hurt and War

"All shall remain seated for the remainder of the period while testing." Mrs. Frederick slammed her hand on her desk. "Begin!"
  I flipped my paper over. The normal back-to-school test. What we learned last year and what we will learn this year type of questions, were typed onto the paper. I sighed and scribbled down my name. I sat alone in the back of the room. Being isolated from the rest of the class wasn't so bad. I glanced around the classroom quickly before getting back to the test. Jordan sat up front with Ryan. Ava sat next to Grace, the emo girl, in the front. Devin sat the the middle of the classroom next to Eric, his best friend. The rest of the class sat in front of me, scribbling answers on their papers.
  I jogged down some answers and quickly finished the test. I stood up and handed in my test. "Nerd." I hear Ava mumble. I read for about ten minutes before the bell rang. I rushed into the hall and opened my locker, grabbing the books I need for the next class.
  Entering Geography, I saw Cooper and Jordan kissing in the corner of the classroom. I froze. Heat crept up my neck. Ava walked in behind me. She placed a hand on my shoulder. "Can't win sweetheart." She let out a chuckle and sat in her seat. Cooper pulled away from Jordan and saw I was watching. I looked away from his painful face. He did the same to me. Memories shot back at me. Mr. Chesterfield walked to the front of the class. I took my seat and opened to a new page in my notebook. What I just saw was not painful or happy, but a test of friendship. One that even straight A Cooper can fail.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

My eyes shot down the stairs. I looked down at my shoes to make sure they were tied. I fell once today in front of Ava. I stood up hoping she wouldn't tell anyone, but by Spanish, Jordan and Ava had told the whole school how I was a klutz and couldn't stand on my own feet.
I stepped slowly down the stairs as Grace and Tyler, the emo kids, walked by. They laughed as they passed me, holding hands. I stopped at the bottom of the first flight of stairs, watching them walk down the stairs like I was nothing.
  A deep voice echoed behind me. "V?" I gulped, knowing who it was. I shut my eyes tight and turned slowly. Opening my eyes, I saw Cooper frowning at me with apologizing eyes.
  His freckles seemed like they multiplied. His pink lips seemed so sad. With shaky hands, he continued to walk towards me. I felt my eyes water as he was two steps in front of me. His feet grew closer. My body moved backwards. My backpack connected with the wall. "Don't come near me." I mumble. His eyes showed pain, but I could see the lies inside them.
  Cooper's feet kept walking. "Please." He insisted. I froze as he trapped me against the wall. My eyes trailed down his body.
  "Before you and Jordan were a thing," I say. My voice trembled. "you wanted me for sex. Didn't you?" I pulled out a packet I saw peeking out of his front pocket. I held it to his face so he could see the label, condom, written in green letters across the paper packet.
  He shook his head fiercely. "It's not like that." He backed away. I ran towards the rail that blocked anyone from falling two flights down. I held the packet over the edge.
  "I thought I liked you for a second. I knew I shouldn't trust you!" I dropped the packet. We stood there frozen, until Cooper ran at me. My legs jumped and my body flew. I felt impact. Cooper face stared down at me before my vision went blurry. Then black.

Cooper's POV

  I stared down at V's body. Tears dripped over the railing. Before I knew it, the ambulance came and I stood outside the building. My eyes flooded with tears. Her body lied on the stretcher as they pushed it into the vehicle. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning my head, my hopes rose, wishing to see Violet standing next to me. That body being a stranger's. Someone who hadn't let him barrow their eraser a million times in class. Someone who hadn't laughed at his corny jokes. Someone who hadn't let his lips press against their. But all that hope drizzled down the well as he saw the principal standing next to him.
"Let's go inside. Tell me what happened." He lead me inside. My insides jumped at the thought of her never waking up. Maybe she had got her wish. Death.
The End.

Just kidding, but the end of this book will be soon.