Dates and Death pt.2

I met Cooper at the library. He talked about how his Uncle died in a car accident. It turned out to be the same car accident as the one my aunt was in.
  I felt my heart and mind screaming inside, but my face was smiling. We sat on the couch, staring at each other in silence until he said, "Maybe you should take out the recycling more often."
  I giggled. "Maybe I should." He smirked, face red and he gave me a wink. I slapped his chest. I don't know why, but I grabbed his hand.
"Don't let go." He whispered.
"I won't. As long as you don't let go of being my friend."
"Never."
"Never is a strong word." I say.
"Strong is what describes our friendship." I smiled.
"Shut up, asshole."
He just shook his head. "We are a perfect team."
  "Well that's not what my dad thinks."
  He got a confused look on his face. "What?"
I sighed and thought for a minutes. "Ya see, my dad thinks your ya know, a guy. And since your a guy you want-"
"sex. Well, that's not what I want from you until we're married."
I stared at him as his face went a deeper shade of red. His eyes lit up. "Not...not that were ever getting married." He stuttered.
I giggled and rolled my eyes. "I know what you mean, asshole. You don't want to do it until your married."
He nodded. I stared up at him, in the corner of my eye I saw Livy. She walked into the library. She couldn't see me and Cooper together, not now. I didn't like keeping it a secret that I was always at his house or just with him, all the time.
I pulled Cooper off the couch and told him to keep his head down. "Why?" He asked. I shushed him and pulled him past Livy.
  We were about to reach the door when I heard a voice. "Oh, V? I didn't see you there."
  I let go of Cooper's hand and turned to Livy. She looked nervous.
  "Hey Liv."
  "So, out with Cooper? A date?"
  I shook my head.
  "No. Just talking."
  "Can I see the promise ring? Cooper your so nice."
  "Sure." I said, raising to hand so she could she the ring.
  "Thanks." Cooper said, he tried grabbed my other hand but I slapped him away.
  "Oh it's so pretty."
  "Thanks." I whisper. "Well, Coop and I should go. Can you meet me at Katie's at about four?"
  She nodded. "See ya."
  We walked out of the library. Livy seemed to be acting strange. I would talk to her and Katie when we meet at Katie's. Kate wanted me to come over anyways. Livy would be fine.
We stood behind one of the columns in front of the library. "Coop, I hope you know that like that your my friend, but I feel like your taking it to far. The ring, my always at your house-"
Before I could finish, he pushed me against the brick column. His face real close to mine. I got super nervous. He looked at me, asking for permission.
Before I could say anything (I get interrupted a lot), Livy came out and pushed him off of me.
"Get the hell off my friend. She's mine." She said the words calmly. Cooper's father pulled up in the minivan. Cooper ran to the car. He sat in the passenger seat and waved to me.
I was in so much shock, I just froze.

I know these chapters have been short, but I would like to announce a contest! Send me your covers for THEM! The contest end on 3/1/16, so create quickly. The winner will be announced either on 3/1 or 2/16 or 3/3/16. Comment what you think of the book so far. I feel a little mixed emotions for this book. Have a good day! I'm enjoying my vacation!
Love y'all! 🌴