Cold and Stone

I stood, crying, in front of Cooper's mother's grave. Cooper hugging me. Tears running down our cheeks. Just us. "Ya know Coop." I say into his neck. "I haven't seen my mother's grave. I'm not brave enough. I probably will never look at that stone." He sniffled. I held him tighter.
"Things are going to be alright." He whispered. I nod. He held me tighter. I wore all black in his mother's honor.
  His stripped shirt was tear-stained at the shoulder. I felt him lightly kiss my head. It didn't bother me.
  I pulled away. Tears running down my cheek. He wiped my tears away with his thumb. I felt so bad, so useless to Cooper and his family. Like I was just someone to hug. If that's what they need me for, someone to hug, that's what I'll be.
  "Thanks for coming here with me. Thanks for everything." He said, pulling his thumb away.
  "No problem." I say, wiping his tears away with my shirt sleeve. His blushing face smiled.
His freckles blended in with his pink and red shaded cheeks. He brushed my hair out of my face. We stepped back onto the gravel path of the graveyard.
We headed towards the library. Behind the library sits soccer and baseball fields, a park, and a graveyard. We walked up the hilly, road to the library. He had one arm wrapped around me. It was comfortable and awkward at the same time.
This would be the last time I saw him for a awhile. He's going to Maine for three weeks with his family.

********

"Just chill with me for awhile. He seems to put more trouble in you life then needed." Katie sat down on her bed. I shut the door of her bedroom and sigh. I sat on her blue bungee chair.
"I know, but it doesn't feel right." I cracked my knuckles. My leg bounced up and down. "Can I tell you something?" She nodded.
"Well, I may be suicidal. Just a little."
She put her hand over her mouth. "Does Livy-"
"No." I cut her off. "But don't worry. I pledged to God when I was little. I won't kill nor kill thy self."
She nodded, placing her hand on her chest. She took a deep breath out.
"Thank God."
  "Well, on a different topic, what about you and Andy?" She blushed and put her face in her hands.
  "I don't like him." She said. I let out a laugh. "Why you always fucking lying?" I sing back.
  My eyes got heavy. I could hear Katie giggling. "I'ma gonna go to bed." I whisper.

********

It was six when I woke up. Holy crap was my butt sore from sleeping in the bungie chair. I clicked on my phone. Cooper had texted me saying he was leaving for Maine. That was at five in the morning.
Poor guy is probably sad and tired. I got out of the chair and threw my phone to the ground in a light and calm fashion. I shook Katie awake. "It's earrrlllyyy." She said, slapping my hand off her.
I forgot that I woke up early unlike her. I could hear her brother, Norge, playing video games in the other room.
Someone knocked on the bedroom door. "Ugh." Katie said, rolling over so she could see the door. "Who is it?"
"Katie, it's mommy. There's a boy here to see you. It's Andy."
Katie's mom knew Andy because once he moved in with our grandma, he would walk to Katie's with me.
"Ugh. Ok Ma!" Katie complained. She sat up staring at me.
"Get some descent clothes on. Just talk to the guy. I'll be listening and watching." She rolled her eyes. "Fine."
She threw on a white and pink top over her tank top. She took off her pj shorts and put on jean shorts. Meanwhile, I played on my phone. She headed downstairs and I followed.
She walked into the living room, where Andy sat waiting. I sat on the middle step, listening and watching. I could see Andy, but he couldn't see me.
Katie sat next to him on the couch. "What?" I realised her hair was still a mess. I held fought with my mouth, trying not to let out an audible laugh.
"Well," Andy put a hand on her thigh. She smacked it away. She gave him the death stare. "Watch it." She whispered.
Andy continued on with his statement. "I was wondering if, you know, you will be my date to Kody's dance?"
Katie gave him a confused look. "I wasn't invited. Plus, I'm not going."
I agreed with Katie. Going to Kody's party, that I wasn't invited to, would be like walking into a drug house. His party would have drinking, stripers, and probably drugs. God that guy makes me sick.
I'm afraid of even smelling beer, never mind drinking it. Katie got up and walked back up the stairs. She past me like she didn't even know I was there.
I was happy she said no.