Epilogue

Sitting at my desk, I reread the letter I had just written.

Dear Livy,
College has come. I can't wait to see you the weekend after freshman year starts. I can't believe I'm becoming an Author! My life has been waiting for this! I'm so excited, yet I'm still nervous. I'll text you my dorm number when I get there, so you can send me a letter back. I know we can text each other, but I feel that something different must be done. Our lives were so shitty, now we can hold the world in our own hands. I'm going to miss you and my family. Cooper and my father and the fam are waiting outside. I'll see you soon. One to us, two to them!
One of your truest friends,
Violet Hanna Dobson

I folded the letter properly into three folds, and pushed it in the envelope. The address and stamp already placed on. My heart stopped as held the fragile letter in my hands. College was going to be a different life. One with just me and my friends occasionally. Family would barely be there for me, since my grandparents have died and Griffin and Andy's family moved to a secret location, blocking out the rest of the family. Kody was in jail for drug overdose. Jordan and Ava had both got suspended for pranking Freshman. High school was troubling. College could be worse. I left my room, and stopped my walking at the driveway. Madelyn and Patrick stood beside the car. Cooper shoved the second bag into the car and my dad slammed the hood. I slipped the letter into the mailbox. Stepping towards the car, I felt so alone. Knowing that I wasn't was made me feel okay. I have people who care about me, I thought. A quick flashback to the woods and Cooper's kitchen made me frown. "Good think we didn't use those guns." I mumble under my breath. I sent a card and a letter to Katie two weeks ago so I wouldn't forget or do it last minute like Livy's was. I was standing there in front everyone, waiting for the moment of goodbyes. I hugged my siblings first. They jogged into the house to play video games afterward. My dad hugged me as we said our goodbyes.
"You got the money, papers, the cars all set-"
"I'll be fine, Dad."
We hugged one last time. He went back inside so Cooper and I could talk. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist. We both pulled away with smirks on our faces.
"Ya know what?" Cooper started.
My eyes started to burn.
"What?" I ask. My fingers laced around his neck, his at my waist, making me feel safe.
"Only we can be stupid and still promise ourselves to one another."
I nodded. "True."
He smiled. "Only we can be-"
I kissed his cheek, cutting him off before finishing his sentence. "Them."