Dates and Deaths pt.1

I fell to ground. Hurting inside at the news I had just received. It seemed as if no one cared. No one.
  I felt the tears rush down my cheeks. I wiped my tears away. I sucked in some air. I stood up and walked for my bedroom, to the kitchen, downstairs. My dad sat in the rocker. I opened the fridge door, scouting for food.
  "V, what's that on your finger?"
  Shit, I thought. I turned to my dad. "Um, Cooper have it to me. A promise to never let go of our friendship."
  "Just friendship?"
  "Yes."
  He stood up. I shut the fridge door, knowing this was going to be a long talk. "Violet, I hate that boy. He can't go near you!"
  "Why dad? Because he's the nicest and most positive person I've ever met!"
  "He always wants you!"
  "His mother died! He needed someone to talk to and he wanted me."
  My Dad's face was red, and his eyes were filled with fiery. His tone was loud, and mean.
  "That's not what guys want," He said, pointing at me. "they want you for-"
  "Dad! Let it go! Someone wants to be my friend that's Livy or Katie and you get pissed?"
  "Violet!"
  "Leave me alone!"
  I run upstairs. I slammed my door and sat on my bed, crying. First, I got a call that told me my Aunt had died in a car accident, now my dad was angry at me. I heard a knock on my door.
"What?"
"Can I come in?" It was Griffen's voice.
"Sure." I say, wiping away tears.
He entered the room. "Sorry about your Aunt, but I got a question to ask and you are the only person I can ask. It may not be the smartest choice but here it goes." He sat on my bed, staring down at his feet.
"So, I'm going on a date with this girl, Layla, and she's meeting me at Applebee's. What do I bring her and what do I say?"
I looked at him with a smirk on my face. "If I were Layla, I would choose another guy." He slapped my arm.
"Okay, okay. You should bring her chocolate. Always be honest with her. Be kind but be yourself. Girls hate thinking your nice then you go slap your mom or something."
"Okay?" Griffen sat up. "Thanks, I think." He walked out and shut the door behind him. I grabbed my shoes and ran downstairs, hoping no one would notice me. I slipped on my shoes and ran for the library, just remembering that Cooper wanted to meet me there.