Always Summer ~Ralph Macchio Oneshot~

Name: Summer

Age: 16

Race/ Species: white

personality: sweet, shy, quiet, and a hopeless romantic

Family: a mom and younger sister

Friends: a girl named Samantha

Enemies: any of Ralph's crazy, obsessed fan-girls

Crush: Ralph Macchio

Looks: really long brown hair, tanned skin, and green eyes

I smiled upon seeing Ralph on yet another TV commercial. I'm sure this was just the start of his showbiz career. Ralph Macchio happens to be my best friend and my next door neighbor. My one-sided love.

I turned off the TV and decided to put on my go-go boots before heading over to Ralph's. On my way out the door I almost ran into my mom who had her arms full of groceries. Only the organic stuff, of course. We are major hippies.

"Whoa! Sorry, Mom," I apologized.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" she asked as she set the bags down by the door.

"Next door," I said absent-mindedly.

She smiled. She knew my feelings for my next door neighbor without me even having to tell her. "Well, alright..." she permitted and I grinned before fast walking by my little sister over to his house.

I made it up the front porch to the door and knocked. "Oh! It's so good to see you again, Summer," Mrs. Macchio said as she answered the door.

"It's nice to see you, too. Is Ralph here?" I asked cheerfully.

"Actually...he went on a date not but five minutes ago," she told me and my eyes widened.

"Oh, well please tell him I hope he has fun," I said before waving goodbye and walking back to my house.

...

I smiled at my best friend as he held hands with his ‘girlfriend’ and I sat opposite of them having to watch. At the moment, we were at the park and we were sitting on one of the picnic tables. Her name, as I had found out, is Sophie and they were starring in a movie together.

It was so quiet! "I’m going to go swing!" I declared as I hurried to get up and made my way over to the set of swings. I glanced behind me to see Ralph getting up, too, with a grin on his face. His little girly friend didn’t seem so happy about this change of direction. "What are you doing?" I exclaimed at Ralph as he took the swing next to me.

"Swinging!" he shouted back at me and I grinned.

"Why?" I questioned.

"It’s our thing!" he exclaimed in mock disapproval.

"But your girly friend will be awfully lonely," I informed him as I pushed myself to go higher than him.

He stopped his swing, got up, and stopped my swing. He held the metal chain in both hands as he hovered over me. "I’ve gotta tell ya something about that…" he said, looking into my eyes.

"What?" I breathed out my question.

"She and I aren’t actually dating. We just had to get into the feel of it for our movie. She’s got a European boyfriend, Summer, and I’ve got someone I like too," he told me.

I sighed. "Why are you telling me this?" I asked him. It didn’t matter that she wasn’t his girlfriend or not considering he still had a special girl out there for him and I was sure he didn’t mean me.